The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know where i can get some diff color spark plug wires? Ive tried pepboys, autozone, and checkers.

·
1994 nissan altima
425 Posts
iwas wondering if any spark plug kits{wires new plugs etc} acually boost any horsepower. i won't do it for color alone, i want something from it.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
vitek makes different colored wires, but I hear they are junk and expensive. Peformance wise you won't see anything noticable with any wires, unless you are replacing wires that are old and shot.

I have always recommended ngk.

·
Registered
437 Posts
sorrycharlie said:
iwas wondering if any spark plug kits{wires new plugs etc} acually boost any horsepower. i won't do it for color alone, i want something from it.
You get a 4 to 5 horsepower increase on aftermarket wires... (Nology, Vitek) it helps more on the torque end though...

Its nothing huge but its good to utilize all the spark from your plugs..

·
8,112 Posts
Luv_Jonzzz said:
You get a 4 to 5 horsepower increase on aftermarket wires... (Nology, Vitek) it helps more on the torque end though...

Its nothing huge but its good to utilize all the spark from your plugs..
To get the best spark and smoothest idle for our Altima's use 8mm NGK wires with NGK plugs.

No way in hell do you gain 5 HP out of wire's though. lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
TPhelps155 said:
To get the best spark and smoothest idle for our Altima's use 8mm NGK wires with NGK plugs.

No way in hell do you gain 5 HP out of wire's though. lol
^^Your right about the NGK wires...I messed up using Viteks.. But on the horsepower thing I guess Steve Millen is lying then.. thats where I got that from... Stillen.com I got it out of the Stillen catolog where it tells you the performance increase on every mod for every nissan and a couple of other cars they make parts for in a performance store in Charlotte NC..

Order a Stillen Catolog and it will tell you... I dont think its true cause I sure didnt feel a 5hp increase but 5hp isnt really enough to feel a difference anyway...

·
8,112 Posts
Bah, Stillen.:rolleyes: They copy company's and throw there name on it.

The only way you will really feel a difference with wire's is if your's are junk and spark bad, putting the new one's in will feel like you gained power because of the better spark.

·
Registered
437 Posts
TPhelps155 said:
Bah, Stillen.:rolleyes: They copy company's and throw there name on it.

The only way you will really feel a difference with wire's is if your's are junk and spark bad, putting the new one's in will feel like you gained power because of the better spark.
Thats true^^

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
TPhelps155 said:

thats how they get there hp numbers tho. They compare to junk, used, worn out equipment. K&N does the same thing with air filters. Be real, 20hp from an air filter???

·
Registered
31 Posts
TPhelps- Nice Icon Bro.

Someone wrote "chump" on my Kerry edwards sticker today when i was at my gf's! Plenty more where that came from.

Sorry to get off topic.

Autozone usualy has them but they seem cheap.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Grrr.. I'm not gonna go into the topic about Kerry.. I hate that guy.. I know GW isn't all that great.. but still.. Kerry's THE DEVIL!!! LoL

·
BUCK FUTTER
1,675 Posts
Can't seem to find any cdn retailer that carries NGK wires here anymore :( I have some half-a$$ed brand called Niehoff, and they crapped out in a year. I'm sputtering along, and it pisses the heck outta me. How much are the wires in the states?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Jayman101 said:
Can't seem to find any cdn retailer that carries NGK wires here anymore :( I have some half-a$$ed brand called Niehoff, and they crapped out in a year. I'm sputtering along, and it pisses the heck outta me. How much are the wires in the states?
Get on Ebay.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts