The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
N20 Whore
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spraying what is a good color the spark plug should be, like a nicely burnt color?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
any signs of a lighter color are bad. Anywhere from sand, to light brown, to white mean you're a little lean. They should be clean and dark brown.

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
my first is light brown all the time. damn furthest cylinder from throttle body. but the rest are still white on the tip but there is no way i am running lean by dyno. but plugs are only 3 months old.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
yeah^^ that's what i said. My dyno numbers showed #'s in the 12's for a/f curves. White tips are HOT bro, might wanna check it out. Just my $.02

·
1,546 Posts
checked the spark plugs a little while ago. the 4th tip white as rest of spark plug normal wear as for the others too. 2nd sand, third more light brown, 4th a bit more completely brown. better than expected but it still shows the spray motion. from lighted as 4th to gets more and more brown on tips to 1st cylinder. anyways i'm going to jump to a 75-80 shot of fuel jet to be on safe side.

·
N20 Whore
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, thanx for the info, glad i'm doin alright, just wanted to make sure

·
1,546 Posts
my guru know it all says not to upgrade the shot of fuel because it will powder or not atomize correctly and use my afc or another way to increase fuel i/e fuel pump etc. but i have an afc and will tune it and see how that works. he said it will be hard without direct port to get number 4 not to lean because of how it sprays.

·
2k Mazda Miata LS
734 Posts
I checked mine recently and seemed to have white tips as well. I was advised to get an upgraded fuel pump (might as well). I "will be okay w/ the 50 shot". I am a little concerned. I am not sure if the Safc is the way to go or the jwt ecu. From what was told to me was to upgrade the fuel pump and get it hardwired... no need for a safc or jwt ecu. I have had some people tell me the jwt isn't all that for n2o and the same for safc. I DO NOT want to be another victim.

·
2k Mazda Miata LS
734 Posts
Neal 96xe said:
I was advised to get an upgraded fuel pump (might as well). I "will be okay w/ the 50 shot". I am a little concerned. I am not sure if the Safc is the way to go or the jwt ecu. From what was told to me was to upgrade the fuel pump and get it hardwired... no need for a safc or jwt ecu. I have had some people tell me the jwt isn't all that for n2o and the same for safc.
any suggestions on what route to take?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts