The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to all of you out there--I am looking to take out the stock speakers in my 1998 Altima GXE--But I don't know what size my speakers are and then what would be a good system would be. If anyone knows what size the speakers are I will be your best friend!! I can't find it anywhere!!
 

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
Joined
·
413 Posts
Scout said:
Hey to all of you out there--I am looking to take out the stock speakers in my 1998 Altima GXE--But I don't know what size my speakers are and then what would be a good system would be. If anyone knows what size the speakers are I will be your best friend!! I can't find it anywhere!!
The speakers all around are 6 1/2". And a good system all depends on what your looking for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,822 Posts
Re: Re: Speaker question!

rlaing said:

The speakers all around are 6 1/2". And a good system all depends on what your looking for.
Are you sure they're not 6.75? That's audioaltima says anyway..
 

·
Kawasaki Ownz
Joined
·
151 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Speaker question!

TL said:

Are you sure they're not 6.75? That's audioaltima says anyway..

6 1/2s, 6.75, 6 3/4 or sometimes there even called 7 inch oversized they will all work,..hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
OK , I have a 98 GXE and have replaced all four of my speakers. This is what I found.

The real speaker size is 6 3/4. However, 6 1/2 will fit if the speaker has the oversize ring around it. In other words the speaker has a ring with holes and notches in it that will cause it to fit in a variety of speakers. I my case I actually has to Dremel the holes in the oversize right to get the speaks to fit right.

An easy way to solve your problem would be to take the right passenger door panel off to access the stock speakers. You will find the stock speakers are mounted on a plastic bracket of some sort. Remove the speaker and remove the bracket. Take the bracket with you when choosing speakers to eliminate fit problems. Ask for the speaker sample in the store and try to mount it on to the bracket.

NOTE: In my install I preferred to use the original Nissan screws. You should probably try for this to.

Jay
 

·
member
Joined
·
115 Posts
quick question on the doors how do take off the panel i know the bottom just pulls off. but i am not sure about the top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
The door is held in by those plastic things, but there are a couple of locations where a screw is used. The door handle and door lever I beleive.

I removed by door panel by:


(1) Removing the screws.
(2) Remove the small black panel covering the mirror. It pops off.
(3) Popping the plastic part of the handle off.
(4) Popping the window switch out.
(5) Unplugging the window swith
(6) Pulling the bottom part and sides of the door panel off
(7) Lifting the door panel.

Jay
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top