The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i put the springs from a spec V on to my 94 altima. do any of you guys know if this i possible. i would like to use them for my car if they work. and will these springs lower my car, will i have to buy camber bolts. thanks i know this is kinda of a dumd question, i just wanted to maybe stiffen the ride up a little.

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
If you want stock height, just look for SE springs from an Altima of your year model or maybe 93-97 should all be the same. SE springs are much stiffer then the other models. I don't think the coils are made for your ride and it may not be right, it may actually turn out to be softer. It will not lower your car either.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh no kidin if i get the springs from the SE it will be stiffer, i didnt know that. well than maybe then i will go get some of them. i dont want my car to be lowered, and i do understand that will give me the ride that i want, but i just dont want to lower my car, and i cant do it were i live anyways, its florida everything should be flat, but no, lets make the roads as ruff as possible.

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
LOL sounds like Mississippi! potholes and roads that should be re-paved are just filled in...its sad :(

i would say if you want a bit stiffer ride, why not get the SE springs and upgrade your struts to Tokicos? itll stiffen up the car a little also, as well as a rear sway and a strut tower brace and polyurethane control arm bushings/sway bar bushings? all this will noticeably stiffen up your ride and make you handle better, but you wont be any lower...? just a suggestion :)

also staying away from large wheels will help (17 or less...i chose 16) more sidewall = more cushion!

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
But unless you get a deal around here or ebay, the stock SE springs are going to cost more than a set of Eibach's....plus, the SE springs are not much stiffer-125lbs/in for the SE vs 112lbs/in for the others so IMO it's not worth it, plus the springs are only like maybe 1/2" lower if that, can't remember offhand.

Anyway, do what you want but if you can't use the Spec springs, then you could spend $170 plus s/h for new Eibachs that will be 190 lbs/in up front, 125-190lbs/in rear progressive and will be between 1-1.5" lower to boot....Just a thought.

Jeremy

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i can get some se springs not new but used(67K) for cheap in my area, i already got the rear sway bar from that se car and i notice a difference, i dont want to lower my car so maybe the struts from tokicos and the se springs might not be bad idea, right now i have some specV wheels,17"s and thats big enough, i want to get that rear strut bar, but i can find any here or anywhere else, i did find one for the front from alsoaltima, i got that and noticed it also, i guess i will have to look into the rear poly control bushing, do they have that for the front too. and do those mazda miata end links really work for the sway bar, like what year,99 or something. thanks for the help
i would love to get those Eibachs but it just wont work.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Well, the drop for the Eibach's isn't that much but it's your choice....And honestly, w/67k, I wouldn't pay more than around $100 for the SE springs. The springs should be fine for awhile, I have a 93 GXE and the ride is still as firm (as I can tell) as other 2k+ Altys I've ridden in lately...I just hate to think of you spending $100+ on used springs and $300+ on Toks.

Also, maybe some others could guess as to the SE/Tok combo. You have to be careful when mixing springs/struts-Hopefully the Toks won't be too stiff and throw off the car's handling, I have no idea but hope all goes well for ya....Personally, I'm just going slightly stiffer than stock w/Eibach ProKits and KYB GR-2s....

Jeremy

·
3,205 Posts
niceguy said:
new Eibachs that will be 190 lbs/in up front, 125-190lbs/in rear progressive and will be between 1-1.5" lower to boot....Just a thought.

H & R's are stiffer then that.....

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Yeah, but by how much??? My wife:( has the car about 95% during the week so I don't want here complaining about an overly harsh ride....Any links or idea what the rate is on the H&Rs and if the rears are also progressive like Eibachs(not all springs are)....?

Jeremy

·
3,205 Posts
225 front 195 rear I believe. Soc can vouch for me on that one. And yeah they are also progressive.

·
New Transaxle JBWelded!
1,025 Posts
225 front on a car that weighs less than 3000 lbs? 195 rear?

if that's true, those rates are WAY WAY too high for the stock struts, and the car.

those rates are stiffer than the springs on my STi, which is almost 3300 lbs, and is plenty firm.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow that does seem stiff? where do you guys go to find these suspensions at?, i wont pay more than 50 for that used SE stuff. but if it dosent really do much than whats the point, or will i feel the difference, i think that a 1/2" drop is not bad if they do do that. but anyways, are there aftermarket springs out there that are stiffer, but will keep the stock ride hight or maybe 1/2" to 1" drop, and if it does drop this much than will i need those camber bolts?

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
i dont know how stiff they are, or if theyre like 225/195, but lemme tell you this, ill personally call H&R if possible in the next couple days to get an actual answer (they have no email...so...LOL) i hope they have an 800 number or something. that way we can settle how stiff they are, cuz im curious! LOL

and i believe H&R's are stiffer than Eibachs. i think its like this...Eibach has the Pro Kit and Sportlines...H&R has OEM Sport and Sport and Race...Pro Kit = OEM Sport, Sportlines = Sport...and Race, well i WISH H&R made Race springs for us...maybe a 1.75-2 inch drop in front, and about the same as the Sport in the rear...with stiffer rates...drool...but they dont so oh well.

like i said, ill go to H&R's site now and see if i can find a number and find out the spring rates for everyone! we already know that Eibachs are what, ~190-200 front and progressive 125-190 rear right?
and i think the H&R rears are progressive because initial stroke is a little soft, then gets much stiffer as the spring compresses, front may be too, but i dunno, i will find out!
but compared to my friends 240 with ProKits, the H&Rs on my Alty are stiffer than his car (although he has stock struts and i have Tokicos...so that may be the difference and its a 240, so different rates anyways!)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Eibach has the Pro Kit and Sportlines...H&R has OEM Sport and Sport and Race...Pro Kit = OEM Sport, Sportlines = Sport..."

does that oem pro kit mean that it dosent drop it any?

·
3,205 Posts
robmarch said:
225 front on a car that weighs less than 3000 lbs? 195 rear?

if that's true, those rates are WAY WAY too high for the stock struts, and the car.

Which is why I never recommend stock struts on performance lowering springs, they aren't up to the task.

·
3,205 Posts
Well, since you are getting stock springs it doesn't concern you. But if you eventually want to get Eibachs, H & R's or the rest of the name brands, it's good to get struts to go with that. The stock struts won't last too long. Although a lot on here have gone aftermarket springs with stock struts, these major companies will tell you that they highly recommend aftermarket high performance struts...i.e Tokico. And it aint no marketing ploy from them either since these companies aint associated with Tokico or any of the major strut brands unless it's their own struts that they manufacture

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
not even kybs can handle a decent drop, i put on brand new gr2s with my prokit and I've blown 2 already in 6 monthes. tokicos or sprints here i come

1 - 20 of 22 Posts