The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that the Altima cuts out at 124 mph. I hope that a chip will be available soon to stop that.
It have read that drive by wire cars may be difficult to reprogram to eliminate the governor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
WTF?? mine is a 2.5s and my limiter is set at 121around abouts..
i know this car can do better than 121 - -; need a new chip NOW!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
aging is supposed to slow down as we get closer to the speed of light hehe

ok, ok, altimas aren't THAT fast

·
drop some science
11 Posts
My 3.5 5speed was definetly 135+ two nights ago.

I'll just say it's probably very scary how fast that car can go.

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
Autos are governed because of their H-rated tires. Manuals have V-rated tires and are not governed (I think).

·
Registered
21 Posts
the fastest I've gone on my auto 3.5SE is around 110mph. I don't think I want to go any faster...

You know the survival rate for getting into an accident at that speed? I'd take it easy if I were you guys. The thrill is awesome but its very dangerous, not to mention that it'll shorten the life of your engine.

·
*Honorary Member* the dream!!!
84 Posts
I have pushed mine to 130 and it was still pulling but my foot didn't want to stay on the pedal because all the cars around me were going backwards at about 50 miles per hour, that's a scary scene, and the tires scared me too, the v rated tires are suppesed to run 149max but that means at about 140 or so it's not doing to well so I decided to let go of the 140 marker for now...I have no doubt that the altima can do, and surpass 140 though!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
damn...i had NO idea these cars could do that...
if it was my car, and not my wife's, i definately would've gotten the stick.
in my '01 Xterra, i have a M/T, and the governor is set at about 94mph...i guess its a good thing since you got this huge boxy 4,000lb truck, and anything over 94 would be pretty much certain death!! ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
about the speed rated tires

the speed rating that the tire mfgs. place on the tires is a mph rating at wich the max. speed for that tire at the given mph over a 24hr period can be achieved;in other words v-rated tires can go 24hrs straight at 149 mph. Just a little fyi so you dont worry about your tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts