The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
so a couple of months ago i bought a 2012 nissan altima S. 2.5L 4 cyl. The car needed some work and i'm almost done with it. Their is this one thing that i cant get rid off. I live in the UAE. The car has a speed limit set to 155Km (96 miles) and the cruise control doesnt work above 130 kmh(80 miles). its very frustrating since during my daily commute the road speed is 140 kmh. I went to 3 shops and non of them can solve the problem. The car still has this issue. Any suggestions ? do all 2012 altima's have that issue or its just me ?
I also wanted to ask about installing a screen that has apple car play built in it. Any recommendations ?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
In NA the cruise is capped at 89mph. You could try replacing your ECU with an American one...but then you have to reprogram keys, etc etc. What does the UAE version of the owner's manual say?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In NA the cruise is capped at 89mph. You could try replacing your ECU with an American one...but then you have to reprogram keys, etc etc. What does the UAE version of the owner's manual say?

View attachment 100890
Unfortunately the car did not come with a owners manual and all i could find on the internet were USA specs owners manuals.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The software inside ECM needs to be rewritten to bypass that, why most locals can't do it. If the transmission is CVT type doing what you want may well kill the trans quick. They break easy enough like it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.