The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
sittin on chrome....
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer is really driving me crazy. When it is cold weather, when I first start my car, the speedometer does not work. It takes about 7-10 min of driving for it to start working, until then it just sits there. I have Heads Up Display, and it does not work either unless the speedometer is also working. My check engine light will stay on until the speedometer starts working. The only good thing about this is that my car does not gain any miles while it does not work, but it's hard to keep track of my oil changes without it working.

Also after it does start working, if I come to a red light and stop completely, it shoots up to 30-40 mph while stoped. My trip goes right with it. Anyone have a clue as to what the problem is and how to fix it?? thanks..

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
bzkit said:
My speedometer is really driving me crazy. When it is cold weather, when I first start my car, the speedometer does not work. It takes about 7-10 min of driving for it to start working, until then it just sits there. I have Heads Up Display, and it does not work either unless the speedometer is also working. My check engine light will stay on until the speedometer starts working. The only good thing about this is that my car does not gain any miles while it does not work, but it's hard to keep track of my oil changes without it working.

Also after it does start working, if I come to a red light and stop completely, it shoots up to 30-40 mph while stoped. My trip goes right with it. Anyone have a clue as to what the problem is and how to fix it?? thanks..
Clean the connector for the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) and reconnect firmly. If that doesn't fix it, you'll need a new one.

·
sittin on chrome....
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: speedometer problem...help!

kierandill said:

Clean the connector for the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) and reconnect firmly. If that doesn't fix it, you'll need a new one.
Where do I find this at??

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
Re: Re: Re: speedometer problem...help!

bzkit said:

Where do I find this at??
On the back of the transaxle, driver side, below frame rail, in front of halfshaft.
But you said the check engine lite comes on. You could do the code check thing to see if it is 14/0104 which is the VSS before crawling under the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts