The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for anyone who has a 1998 to 2001 Altima that has installed the splash guards. The rears go on easily with no problem. But when installing the front guards the car already has a plastic trim piece in front of the front door and extends from the front underside of the car up about 9 inches on the lip of the fenderwell. THis is a trim piece that holds on the inside plastic fender skirt in the wheel well. Does the splash guard replce this piece or install over it. The three screws that held on this piece are re-used when installing the guards, but does the actual guard fit over that trim piece that was held on by the three screws or do you install the guard without it. Either way looks ok, but the instructions make no mention of the piece that is already on the wheel well from the factory. There is a lip insde the guard that gives me the impression it might sit over this piece, but need a definite answer. PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Thansk in advance!

Rick

·
OLD??? Who's OLD??? MEEE?
94 Posts
01SandriftGXE said:
I have a question for anyone who has a 1998 to 2001 Altima that has installed the splash guards. The rears go on easily with no problem. But when installing the front guards the car already has a plastic trim piece in front of the front door and extends from the front underside of the car up about 9 inches on the lip of the fenderwell. THis is a trim piece that holds on the inside plastic fender skirt in the wheel well. Does the splash guard replce this piece or install over it. The three screws that held on this piece are re-used when installing the guards, but does the actual guard fit over that trim piece that was held on by the three screws or do you install the guard without it. Either way looks ok, but the instructions make no mention of the piece that is already on the wheel well from the factory. There is a lip insde the guard that gives me the impression it might sit over this piece, but need a definite answer. PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Thansk in advance!

Rick

You will have to remove the original plastic piece in order to put the guards on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts