no ordinary sedan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Pardon me if I'm stupid. *L*

How do you get someone to sponsor your car? :angel1: :cool:

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
you have to have a car that is VERY original and VERY eye catching or VERY fast mainly. But even if you had all 3 things it doesnt mean you will get sponsored... I think the main thing you really need is connections. Most places only sponsor thier own cars or race cars anyway.

·
no ordinary sedan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmmk.

...well that sucks, lol

My cars a little 150 HP baby boo nissan, definitely not the fastest thing on earth but it could own a neon or a 116 hp civic :D

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
jessa said:
...definitely not the fastest thing on earth but it could own a neon or a 116 hp civic :D
what couldn't? lol :p

BTW: Did you decide to keep the altima? I remembered U were goin to sell it a while back because the payments were too high or something.

·
no ordinary sedan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're thinking about keeping it.

Parents might pay off the rest of the car for me.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
I'm The Orange Member
2,085 Posts
yeah u need to show them dedication and that your car is original, and that it has potential to for them to gain customers of your car=u need to have the car done up.

it took me a while but i got a few

·
no ordinary sedan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice car? more like piece of shiznat car... its in the shop every week with a new $200+ problem :angry4:

·
DirtyGirls4Life
5,241 Posts
shockwave said:
yeah u need to show them dedication and that your car is original, and that it has potential to for them to gain customers of your car=u need to have the car done up.

it took me a while but i got a few
bla bla bla all im hearing is "im a dirty whore" bla bla

lol jk Shock

·
Deviate from the norm
132 Posts
jessa said:
nice car? more like piece of shiznat car... its in the shop every week with a new $200+ problem :angry4:
In that case, maybe your shop will sponsor you. :eek:

J/K... sorry to hear it's giving you so much trouble. Buying a used car is a risky proposition. Sometimes you get lucky... sometimes not. Sometimes it's hard to know when to keep dumping $$$ into it and when to cut your losses and ditch it. You never know if that latest repair will be it for a while or if it's gonna break down again next week. Your call (and/or your parents).

Good luck with it...

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
most, if not all, of the cars i sponsor are based on being friends with that person (connections) and them having a car with potential (for advertising)...

not to mention most sponsorhips in the beginning consist of getting deals on parts are opposed to parts for free...

we have a few sponsored teams that get a standing 25% discount at the store in exchange for having our stickers on their cars and agreeing to buy everything they need from us...

other people get stuff at our cost...

just depends on the level of tuning your car is at and if we see potential for it to get us publicity...which is really what it is all about...if you are going to be in a magazine, smoking people at the nightly races, or willing to road/drag race your car then you are more likely to get a sponsorship..from me anyway...

sometimes girls think there are "other ways" to get sponsored...but it's not true...:angel1:

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
nokeone said:
sometimes girls think there are "other ways" to get sponsored.. it's true...:angel1:
so that's how...LOL joke man..

Basically just what everyone been saying. Of course, the company offering sponsorship will be looking at your resume (basically what level you're at, what you're looking toward, etc.)
Sponsorship will usually begin as a discount offer, and then, depending on your progress, can often lead to full sponsorship in which you are testing the company's products, etc... With the bigger company, usually they'll keep you till you're no longer showing any progress/consistency, or if you made it as a legend, till you draw a line on the contract. So it's a bit easier to get sponsorship from smaller companies.

The would be sponsor will also go to the track you often visited if they find you or your ride interesting, record your progress, and may actually one day just approach you and offered a sponsorship. It's a long wait, but if you get it, it's certainly worth it.

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
ASHURA said:
so that's how...LOL joke man..

hahaha...:D ...hey if they wanna believe it will get them free stuff...i'm not gonna be the one to break their hearts...i'm WAY too nice...:angel1: ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts