The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quoted me that it would take about three hours at $85.00 an hour. That's costs more than the springs itself, I finally convinced myself that I could do this job with my brother.

For you guys who installed the springs themselves, how long did it take for the installation? Also, I'm fairly mechanically inclined so was the job difficult or easy? and what is the hardest part of the job?

Thanks!

·
The Tat Man
612 Posts
It is pretty easy. Definitely get an extra pair or two of hands to help you. It took me and a friend about 5+ hours, but that was mainly because we really took our time to make sure we did everything perfect and because it was friggen cold as hell out when we did it. The hardest parts were taking the top nut off of the struts after pulling them off and aligning up the top parts to the strut after installing the new springs. It wasn't that bad though. The backs are a piece of cake......45 minutes for both. I paid someone to install my camber kit and do my alignment.

I highly recommend using the ESM though. It has torque specs for every nut/bolt you take off, plus it gives you excellent pics of the suspension. Here is the write up I used to help as well: http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65954. I bet I could do it now in about 3-4 hours now that I know how easy it was. Good luck guy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts