The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have read all the posts about Sportlines and Prokits and almost have my mind made up. I would like to go with Prokits and a 18" wheel but am not sure if that would look tight. Anybody have any advice?

·
18" SHOES
308 Posts
Go for it! I have 18's and the prokit. Check out my reg. and see if its what your looking for. Me myself...I have no complaints or regrets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Info! Your altima is hot. We both have the same color Altima, I'll be posting my pics as soon as my mods are done. Ordered AT grill and am making my decision on the springs and rims, I think I'll go with what you recommend.

·
VTEC & 5.0 owner :wtf:
417 Posts
I think 18's is waaay plenty. Granted 19's look really badass, but if you live in a area where the roads are poor, I hope you don't hit any major potholes. Remember that the more wheel diameter you go, the less tire sidewall you have. The less sidewall you have, the less air & support you have for your wheel lip when you smack that pothole at 2am.

Plus, on average, 19" tires seem to be about 30 % more expensive than a comparabe brand and correct OD 18" tire.

Examples:

245/40/18 vs. 245/35/19 (to keep as close to stock OD)

Dunlop SP9000 18"/19"
$185/$218

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 18"/19"
$163/$254

Bridgestone S-03 Pole Position 18"/19"
$197/$223

From these 3 examples, the 19" tires are, on average, almost 30% more expensive than the comparable 18" tire of the same brand and width.

Plus, I'de wager a 19" wheel is a couple pounds heavier than a comparable brand/finish 18" wheel.

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
go 18's... check out my pics in my reg.. I have 18x8 with the pro-kit drop, and bridgestone s03's 245/40/18.. the only thing I might change in the future is the tire size.. and I would prolly go 245/45/18...

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
princeholiday said:
What is a pac module?
device that allows you to still use your steering wheel audio controls, after changing the bose headunit..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
questions for tekie99

Hey Tekie, I see that you are in Miami. Do you have any recommendations on who should install my springs or any other places to get upgrades purchased or installed. I have the prokits are on the way, should be in by friday.

Jose

1 - 12 of 12 Posts