The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after you guys helped I decided to get the tokicos over the kyb, since i heard tokico is better, ok my question is which is better sprint springs or intrax, and second i have a body kit, and i hear when you get springs like intrax has 1.75 drop it usually settles to 2" drop, is that true, so if i get sprint its a 2" drop will that drive my car below the wheel well??? and i also live inchicago which doesnt have the greatest roads. so What should i do??

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
intrax = 1.5".. maybe 1.75 when settled? Sprints will not tuck (tire goes up in the wheel well). the rears will be about dead even, no wheel gap at all. And the fronts will have a small gap. Supposedly you can cut 1/2 - 1 coil of the front sprints w/o a lose in performance or ride, and get a more even (wheel gap wise) stance.

If the roads are bad, its up to you. If your getting tokicos I would get some sprints if you really want the drop. If you don't care about the drop, get the intrax.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which springs are better sprint or intrax???
well intrax says 1.75 drop so its close to 2"
and my tires are wider its 215/45/17

·
Registered
41 Posts
Whats better is only going to be someones opinion. I have heard Intrax springs have a nicer ride. I have sprints and Tokicos and its working well for me. The drop is where I wanted it to be.

Other than the sprints being a little bit lower I don't think they are much different.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
imo, the drops are about teh same, Jeremy has them on his alty, and we're about teh same.

sprints aren't exactly performance springs if you asked me...more for the slammed/show look

·
2k Mazda Miata LS
734 Posts
Intrax on tokicos here.. better perfomance and yes it isn't "slammed" but if you want slammed go with some coilovers. Ground Controls ... are the best coilovers from what I have gathered so far.

·
Registered
530 Posts
just got my KYB's and sprints installed, nice ride overall....its stiff but it also gives a little...which is nice so im not busting my ass all the time! it looks sweet! even though the spring aren't all the way settled.....oh and i can barely get up my driveway :lol:

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
My 41 yr old butt rides 140 miles a day round trip on Intrax - no problems here. And my KYBs have about 70k miles on them and are still fine. Almost all highway miles, though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How long do lowering springs last with stock struts with a 1.75"- 2.00" drop?

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
my fronts struts are still good, my rears are blown after 2 years

·
Registered
530 Posts
MrBORDR16 said:
How long do lowering springs last with stock struts with a 1.75"- 2.00" drop?
not that long i dont think. i had to talk my mom into letting me use her credit card so i could get my KYB's at the same time!

·
Music Selecta'
566 Posts
go with sprints/tokico man, they made my fenders VERY even all the way around, the ride is great. they will be lower than the intrax I am betting

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
asleepaltima said:
hey man, i need you to send me that sign in that pic. :) the "Sleeper" one.
There are several - at each intersection that road makes. Plus it's rural, so a couple MIGHT disappear when nobody is looking... :D

I found the road by accident when I was looking for a rural twisty road to play on. In central Indiana, 'twisty' is pretty hard to come by...:(

1 - 20 of 47 Posts