The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked for the faq and couldnt find it and so then i looked for a thread specifically on bumpstops and sprints and i got some vague answers but im wondering, who installed the sprints and cut their bumpstops and how much did they have to cut? AND has anyone tried a mix with the kyb gr2's in the rear and tokico's up front in conjunction with the sprints?

·
22,052 Posts
I have Tok's in the front and KYB's in the back, but the car won't be moving until the rears are swapped out to Tok's...Sorry.

If you look at the bumpstop, with the circular side down...There is a line that goes all the way around the bumpstop. I cut right on the line. It removed a little less than half of the piece.

I can snap a pic if you want. That's how I did it when I installed my old Sprints. I took a wee bit more off when I did my GC's.

·
22,052 Posts
Sorry dude. I went into the garage with the camera, thinking I could snap one of the front...not happening. I could snap one of the rear, but it's filthy, and I can't get a good enough shot so that you would have any clue what it was.

The car's ass is up on jacks, waiting for some rear suspension stuff to get here. I will take a few pics when I pull the struts off, but I can't even see the front struts...the car is too low.

I actually cut a we bit more off the front bump stops when I recently reinstalled my fronts with the modified Tokicos.

I can get a good picture of that in a few days when I lift the whole car and bleed the brakes.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats kewl man, ill figure it out tomorrow when i go outside again... was bouncing off the bumpstops all day today... need new struts SOON!! lol they were ok for a mild drop, this is a little too much it seems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts