The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have three choices. I'm leaning torwards Prokit for the subtle drop, because I dont want to scrape everywhere when I carry 5 people in the car. Sprints are cheap, and offer a drop similar to sportlines. So any thoughts? People with sportslines how is your ride height with 5 people in the car? And how about you prokits? Do you guys bottom out a lot? Or scrape?

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
um.....

the ride is great as long as you have good shocks.

if you have to pay to have them installed wait until aftermarket shocks come out.

I never bottomed out until my factory shocks started going out about 6000 miles ago (i have 36k miles on and i put the sportlines on at 18k). Now i am riding at "worst case" condition, the ride is still above average, but the rear end bounces alot (probably hitting bumpstops) when going around corners on bad roads.

If you can do your own install, go ahead, the sportlines are night and day difference in handling, get rid of wheel gap, and the ride stays very close to factory even with passengers.

i have had 3 other adults of at least 230# e. in there with me and scrape even now only occasionally.

Sean

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: um.....

snolden said:
the ride is great as long as you have good shocks.

if you have to pay to have them installed wait until aftermarket shocks come out.

I never bottomed out until my factory shocks started going out about 6000 miles ago (i have 36k miles on and i put the sportlines on at 18k). Now i am riding at "worst case" condition, the ride is still above average, but the rear end bounces alot (probably hitting bumpstops) when going around corners on bad roads.

If you can do your own install, go ahead, the sportlines are night and day difference in handling, get rid of wheel gap, and the ride stays very close to factory even with passengers.

i have had 3 other adults of at least 230# e. in there with me and scrape even now only occasionally.

Sean
Thanks for the feedback. Thing is, we dont have any aftermarket shocks :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have you considered h&r? They have not gotten props on this board but they are as good as or better than eibach. I have used them both on other cars & their ride was better than stock. Also their sport springs are supposed to be engineered for use with stock shocks & struts. I think big issue with our altimas is camber after lowering. I would not count them out & will probably go with them if a good camber kit comes out that will work with them. You get what you pay for so don't short, especially on your suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts