The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damnit, my car is broke. If i romp on the gas (or just accelerate normally for that matter) under 2500rpm, my car sputters and lurches all over the place....I think its cuz its leaking oil into the #4 spark plug tube and the spark plugs are the stock '95 ones, but anyone know of any other reasons (I think I fixed the oil leak and the new plugs are comming soon)

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody knows why? Its also only really bad under load (like if I am in N it doesn't do it as bad)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine did that for awhile due to bad plug wires and ignition wire (Advance auto sux !) Replaced them...after that....no problem might check that...but your best bet is to get the leak fixed..JMO

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the leak is fixed (I replaced the gasket last night) but I haven't driven enough to see yet. My new plugs are comming in this week and I think I may go with new wires too...the ends on the current ones are all Fugly.

·
Banned
0 Posts
MikeV said:
think its cuz its leaking oil into the #4 spark plug tube and the spark plugs are the stock '95 ones

stock 95 ones, as in, the orginal plugs from 95? I really, really, hope not

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Sputtering

djsassan said:

stock 95 ones, as in, the orginal plugs from 95? I really, really, hope not
yes, they were. the NGKs in there had 92k on them. They have like half an electrode left each. My dad was never one for engine upkeep, so I am having a lot of problems.

·
DirtyGirls4Life
1,327 Posts
my 1998 did that as soon as i got it...like a hour after i got it home. the 4th cyl. was flooded and the spark plug was soaked. the moron at the car wash the dealership they sent it to "washed" the engine compartment and they forgot to make sure the plugs were on tight and they got water in them. MORON!! but after i dried them out and got new plugs it didnt do it anymore..... :D
Mike

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
Mine did the same thing but it's cause of my bass.

I put new plugs in my car and I thought I torqued them enough. But my bass shook them loose. Even shook the wire #3 loose.

I torqued them down a second time a bit more. I am nervous that I'll strip the block.....

Try re-tightening them.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DeRaNgEd said:

I put new plugs in my car and I thought I torqued them enough. But my bass shook them loose. Even shook the wire #3 loose.

I torqued them down a second time a bit more. I am nervous that I'll strip the block.....

Try re-tightening them.
I will try that, they always seem loose. I will make sure to get out the torque wrench. (i have bass constantly rattling my car)

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
DeRaNgEd said:

I put new plugs in my car and I thought I torqued them enough. But my bass shook them loose.
Damn pesky fish - I'm a bluegill man myself...

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kierandill said:

Damn pesky fish - I'm a bluegill man myself...
yea, I am quite a fisherman myself. They don't call me the Master Baiter for nothing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.