The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The belt that goes around the alternator, powersteering, and water pump, is squeaking. To tighten the belt, do i loosen or tighten the bolt located on the outside of the alternator facing you when looking at the enine bay.

To tighten the ac belt, you tighten the screw under the car, but tightening the bolt on the alternator only seems to loosen the belt further.

Any help, ideas, or suggestions...
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
mine is the other way around from that...if you tighten the adjustment screw it should draw the alternator toward the front of the car thus tightening the belt.

·
Banned
0 Posts
AltimaVixen said:
"unscrewing" it will make the alternator come out "further" which should tighten it.
I am pretty sure she is right....I did this Saturday night, but I seem to have forgotten already. She is right in that unscrewing means it becomes tighter.

G

·
hell, i beat the hell out of my car, and i can hear at least two different belts in my engine bay squeaking. but since i've never gotten them changed since i got my car, i might just go ahead and change all of them. i got my car at 16K two years ago and now i have 61K.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
1fastaltima..you have the ur pulleys..huh..no matter how tight i tighten them, they always end up squeaking when i turn on the ac.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts