The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
11,384 Posts
Get some white lithium grease in a spray can.

Get on your back, and lay in the footwell. Look up and you can see the entire clutch mechanism. Spray a good bit of the grease on the mechanism, pull yourself out of the footwell, work the ckutch a few times, and repeat if necessary.

I had the same issue, and I did exactly as stated above and it has yet to make any more noise.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Peterson said:
Get some white lithium grease in a spray can.

Get on your back, and lay in the footwell. Look up and you can see the entire clutch mechanism. Spray a good bit of the grease on the mechanism, pull yourself out of the footwell, work the ckutch a few times, and repeat if necessary.

I had the same issue, and I did exactly as stated above and it has yet to make any more noise.
oh man...i got this weird vision in my head...as i'm spraying the stuff, it gets in my eyes (cuz i'm laying down underneath it) and as a reaction, i lift my head and konck myself on the brake pedal...etc etc etc...hehe.
anywyas, i gotta get some spray in there cuz mine's squeeking too.
Jay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Peterson said:
White litium is thick enough that that shouldn't happen. But if it does, don't sue me, I'm a nice guy...go after the grease company. It's all about the grease.
Hi Peterson,

I had same problem. I used lithium grease. Works fine, Nasty sqeak never came back.

Have you ever removed front seat? Is it hard?

(I guess this can help if you really need to disassemble clutch or work on it.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.