The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
little help stating to look for a sr swap on my 99 been told it will mate to my tranny just need engine and ecu is that true? and does any one know a good shop on the east coast

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
yeah thats wat i was told too. but then aftre doing more reserch turns out it probalby WONT mate with the tranny and does not just drop in.
Many people mistanken altimas for sentras.

In a sentra it will mate up and drop in.. but not in an altima.

I looked into it myself. Search there is alot of reading to do about it and unless you plan on building up the sr20 to something insane its better boosting tha KA.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
The Sr won't bolt to your original tranny. You'll need either a Sentra or G20 tranny with the drivers side mount from a G20. You can use the other mounts from the cross member but you'll have to drill two out and move them. I just made a plate to modify the passenger side mount.The shifter linkage bolts back up. You'll need a clutch pedal and cable as well as custom axles.(Raxles now has my dimensions) As long as you stay away from the GTiR the wiring is pretty easy. Big bonus of the SR swap is all the weight you shave off when you lose that big iron block.

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
chuck34gboro said:
JGY customs in atkins VA did shockwave's SR.
yeah but it also wasn't running right after he got in back.

the sr20 will not bolt up to anything in an altima. a LOT of money, time, and patience is required. it can be done but doubt you'd want to.

·
Registered
354 Posts
"the sr20 will not bolt up to anything in an altima. a LOT of money, time, and patience is required. it can be done but doubt you'd want to."

even if you get a bluebird front clip?

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Wow. I can't get over how civilized the responses are in this thread, given the subject! Speechless...

Congrats you guys! :D

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
altima8 said:
Wow. I can't get over how civilized the responses are in this thread, given the subject! Speechless...

Congrats you guys! :D

that might be because the site changed, and some of the attitudes did with the new look too. :p

But the question at hand. Not easy or worth it unless you have the money and patience to do it. it can be done, it has been done, but its been done by people who have the money to spend, and people who have the time to invest. If you want to, I would suggest you get another car to be your DD. this is not a weekend swap like in a 240 or B13

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
sleeperalti said:
If you want to, I would suggest you get another car to be your DD. this is not a weekend swap like in a 240 or B13
This is very true....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts