The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
What mods can't you do would be a more appropriate question. Try www.se-r.net. It's a good place start and has a lot of good links. You have the SR20DE in your altima? :confused:

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
He probably does have a sr20de... Look where he's located.

·
SR20DE/sss
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup! It's the stock engine that go with the car here in the Philippines. Can you tell me the difference of the SR20DE between the KA24DE except for the discplacement of course? Is my engine an inferior one for an altima? Technical comparison? Power to weight ratio? Anything... Need some help here. TNX...

·
SR20DE/sss
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By thwe way, if it's an inferior engine, will it be better to just buy a more powerful one than to modify it considering the cost? Will it be cheaper and more efficient to buy another engine than to modify mine?

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
r u nuts?!!! The SR20's are like one of the best engines around. They are [email protected] strong. Can withstand high hp output. Plus they have a ton of after market support.

If you look in Sept issue of Sport Compact Car (I don't know if you can get it) there's a 200sx SE-R with an SR20DE, turbo'ed and everything making
475hp @ 6800 rpm
437 lb-ft @ 5250 rpm
to the wheels!!!

The KA24DE is the exact opposite. Very little aftermarket support and not as strong as the SR20's to tolerate high output. The max output a KA24 can withstand without blowing itself up is 385hp.

·
SR20DE/sss
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you trying to say that a stock SR20DE Altima is more superior than a stock stock KA24DE Altima? Sorry guys coz I don't know much about our engines.
By the way my engine is not a DET, it's a DE...

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
zedlav said:
Are you trying to say that a stock SR20DE Altima is more superior than a stock stock KA24DE Altima? Sorry guys coz I don't know much about our engines.
By the way my engine is not a DET, it's a DE...
the KA started as a truck engine, with more displacement for more low end grunt... SR is one of the higher revving Nissan engines and i the most aftermarket support (at least stateside..).

btw, KA24DET while uncommon, is potent as well.. (See SuperStreet with the 4 240SX/Sylvias and FreshAlloy.com, KA24DET hitting 11s)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts