Nissan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
:-)
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya i know this was already a post but im doing it again.
K, i know for a fact that the swap can be done (sr in Alty) because someone i know showed me it but he lives a while away. He said he would put one in for me cheap but i want to know which sr to get ppl were saying the u12 u13 fits... Does it matter or what? any help?

·
KA24DER...soon!
286 Posts
make sure when you do the swap that you get the SR20DE (SE-R or G20) tranny, rear motor mount from one of the previously mentioned cars, CV joints, wiring harness and ECU. of course, you already knew that, but I'm just informing the readers. oh yeah, a different set of radiator hoses would be good, and maybe a different A/C dryer line, that is if you keep A/C in the car.

Of course, you also know that the HNU13 SR20DET was AWD only, so the tranny from that won't work in your Altima, unless you hollow out a tunnel in your floorboard and buy the driveshaft and all the rest of the rear drivetrain stuff.

I'm putting the parts together for my swap. It seems overwhelming at times, but i know one day it'll be worth it. please let me know how much your engine will cost, as i am getting different prices from around the world.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Good luck geting the trans. mount to bolt up , I hope you know a good welder !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
SHAWN
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing