The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i'm not sure if it is possible with these Altimas but is it possible to swap out our KA24DE's with an SR20DET from Japan??..will the engine mounts line up and will an aftermarket ECU be necessary..i am really intereseted in doing an SR20DET swap..i know the Nissan Bluebird J-Spec uses an SR20..i wanted to know for sure if the engine mounts line up and what else needs to be modded to make the engine work..thanks..

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
The answer to your question is two fold ... It is posable to do a DET Swap in an Altima , But it is NOT a bolt in , I have been looking at this for the last couple of years and the answer is it would be to time consuming and expensive to be worth it ... If you really want a 4 door SR20DET Car Buy a G20 and swap it , That is a very easy swap ...but The Altima Problems Are as Follows ...... The Altima Trans. will not bolt to a SR20 , and the Sentra SE-R Trans. will not mount to the stock Altima mount location , so that would be custom , The lower mounts would have to be custom ,you will be converting from a Hydraulic activated clutch to a cable clutch , how ?... The Altima ECU and Wiring could be used but you will need a $600 JWT upgrade to make it work , or get the SR20DET ECU and a complete wiring harness ... And there are tons other variables like axles , and accesories ...that also come into play ....... Yes it would be an awesome swap but It just isnt woth the time or effort ...... Sorry

And yes the do build AWD SR20DET's that can be used in a FWD ...The RWD versions will not work at all !!!!

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
[email protected], the poor guy may as well buy a real bluebird, get it shipped and federalized.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
mrdeucie said:
and good luck finding that AWD sr20det. Start looking for those nissan bluebird sss atessa's
I can get them , I have done 2 Bluebird SR20DET swaps in G20 's and just got a Pulsar GTI-R SR20DET to go in another G20 ..... The Bluebird DET's are only $1800 ...... so The engine would be the easy part of the swap ......

·
Registered
71 Posts
this sounds like more work than it is worth to some....however it would be fun to have!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok..thanks for the input..and ive participated in an SR20DET swap into a '98 Nissan Sentra SE..but yeah..was just curious about the Altima's..shoot...so are there any turbo kits for the Altima??..anybody know of any companies??..

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OUCH!! that TOP END turbo kit is pricey..but hey...what you pay for is what you get..yeah..i've seen the fmax kit..looks good..thanks for the links ;)

·
Malfunctioning Member
3,107 Posts
Hey Shawn..

Could you get your hands on a front bumper and grill from a BlueBird SSS Atessa?? I've been going crazy trying to find that bumper. I like the integrated fog lights and the position of the turn signals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts