The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used to own a 99 Tiburon Turbocharged, it made around 270whp,
and could shitrape my 3.5Se all day long, a friend of mine actually
owns it now, Ill try to dig up some old pictures of it.
Never heard of I4's doing much, the v6 is actually the weakling
brother of the I4, much stronger block and much better for
forced induction, heres my old wip.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not a fan of the Tiburons, but im impressed with what they can do. at least the v6s anyways. I've never heard of the I4s doing much

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not talking out my ass. I seriously havent heard anything about the I4s. The only ones I see much done to are the V6s. call me ignorant to them, or just uninformed, but I havent heard anything about the 4s. But just cause they can be/are fast, doesnt mean im gonna like it. to me, they arent that nice looking, and just not my style at all. but some people really like them, and thats fine as far as im concerned

·
Registered
9 Posts
The car was a piece of crap, everything broke on it twice, except for
what counts the engine, that thing ran strong and fast day and night,
I guess you could say it was more of a dicks magnet than chicks.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
my buddy has a 98 tiburonfx, 5spd....he's got a shitload of work done to it...i/h/e/p cams, etc...dropped, STB, fully custom kit he designed, custom paint, tons of cosmetic work, some interior work....the main thing is, that its fast, faster than my altima thats for sure...

the car is for sale btw...

·
Registered
655 Posts
i raced an 03 V6 tiburon with exhaust, intake, and pulley and it was an embarrassing joke everytime. Yeah i am modded out the ass- but the guy thought he was going to kill me-yeah right.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
i always heard those 4 bangers could handle a lot of power, moreso than the V6. but what do I know, I am not a hyundai tuner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
lil_z_33 said:
my buddy has a 98 tiburonfx, 5spd....he's got a shitload of work done to it...i/h/e/p cams, etc...dropped, STB, fully custom kit he designed, custom paint, tons of cosmetic work, some interior work....the main thing is, that its fast, faster than my altima thats for sure...

the car is for sale btw...
Lol, race him, n/a on the i4 is good for 20whp lol, the only way to get
the i4 fast is boost and it loved it.

·
日产汽&
4,210 Posts
05altima4sale said:
nice man, i sold my altima for a tiburon best damn thing i ever done i changed all my badges to the KDM tiburon (which is called Tuscani in canada/korea/europe) and people are so dumb they think its some italian sports car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2112803
good vid.

don't blame the dumb people , blame Hyundai for stealing other car manufacturers ideas. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
dont worry I am still in the nissan family thats why I am still on here, my dad drives a new maxima, my mom drives a murano and my uncle drives a Z and my aunt drives a altima se-R I guess it kind of pays off because my dad is the GM of nissan/hyundai over here. They are all sweet cars man I think nissan is the best!!!

·
fLiPrYdE
1,956 Posts
oh man, i know this video. It was filmed on the local highway here in my area. My friend knows the story behind that race. They were to race but the SRT guy didnt know the tiburon upgraded its pulleys a few days before, and thats why the tiburon put a nice whoopin

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
05altima4sale said:
nice man, i sold my altima for a tiburon best damn thing i ever done i changed all my badges to the KDM tiburon (which is called Tuscani in canada/korea/europe) and people are so dumb they think its some italian sports car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2112803

Funny you mention that, as my buddy ran the Korean badges and ApexI stickers on his windshiled, on his Tib in highschool. When the police would ticket his car for parking illegally, the'd always call it an "Apexi Tuscani"

And as for the doutbers, the BetaII is a decent little engine. Good up to around 10-12 psi of tuned boost on a stock engine.

My same buddy is in the midst of a built engine at the moment for his. I can't wait to get home and finish it up with him :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts