The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Nissan Quest when the engine is cold it will start perfectly fine but when the engine gets up to operational temperature the car will not start. I can crank it over and over and still no start you can smell fuel like it's being flooded but still no start. I can start it with ether and it will run fine. I have replaced the mass sensor the crankshaft sensor the O2 sensor bank one and still continues to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it could be but it wouldn't make it not start with a leaking injector(s) or make it run bad. The motor runs smooth, but it does run rich you can smell it from the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
'...it wouldn't make it not start with a leaking injector(s) or make it run bad.'

I will treat that like it's coronavirus..........it is abysmally WRONG. You wet the plugs with excess fuel and then it won't start as the plugs are shorting down the sides rather than sparking through the gap. Ether though used at that time will fire and start that condition up to get it running. Do not use more than a quick 2 second shot, I've seen that condition blow an engine up to shove 6 out of 8 connecting rods through the pan and engine block.

When it won't start then hold the throttle 100% wide open, it cuts the injectors off and it may start then.

You are killing your cat, they won't take more than a few minutes of burning that rich before dying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense and if I have to use ether I just 1 quick spray. Before I spray ether I do hold it wide open and try that way first because I don't like to use ether at all but it's either spray that are I have to wait till it cools off before it will start again. I will be ordering the O-Rings in the next day or 2.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
What o-rings? Those only leak vacuum. The injector itself leaks, you can only try to clean it, there is no o-ring that can fix that leak.

Not pressure relay either, that has nothing to do with injector leaking.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,905 Posts
Use injector cleaner containing PEA...seems to be the web wisdom...have personally used Rislone version 2-3x in the first year of ownership and it dramatically improved idle vibration on my VQ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts