The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Hope you are having a good day.

My 2002 Sentra SE-R has been... off? I'm not sure how to explain it but hopefully someone will know what I'm saying.

The other day I drove out of a parking lot with a mini cliff from the edge to the road. I've gone over this many many times in this car and it takes it like a champ. The other night I drove over the cliff and had to give it a little gas to beat traffic and my car was very... wiggly. I thought I hit an ice patch but ever since that moment, the steering isn't very tight, it feels mushy. The wheel doesn't snap back to the middle anymore, it will jiggle to a certain turning point and stay there unless I put it in the middle. Bumps make the wheel jerk violently to the point that i think it has a mind of it's own.

I got new tires 4 days before and it was all good, it all started happening after that cliff. I'm taking a look under the car tonight but I'm not sure what to look for.

If anyone has a clue it would be greatly appreciated! I miss the 4-door pocket rocket that burns up corners.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
You probably popped something in the front suspension. Need to check your control arm bushings, ball joint, strut mount, sway links. Make sure eveything is ok up there...and trust me...don't put it off.

·
Registered
591 Posts
what dougmac1 said, check all your front suspension components first make sure they are all ok. but from what i am diagnosing from what you said, it may be a steering shaft u-joint. but dont go straight to that until you've checked everything else

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it were the steering shaft u-joint, would that be a major-ish repair? I won't think of it until I've looked at everything suspension wise, just want to be prepared.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Steering shaft ujoint is very easy to do. Its quite literally 2 10mm bolts and you unbolt the ujoint from the steering column shaft and the steering rack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts