The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I'm 6'1" and my 2017 Altima was clearly not built for the tall.
I'm considering mobdro lucky patcher kodi getting a Steering wheel extension like this one : Universal 4 Car Option Steering Wheel - Extension - Black - HUB-32BK by 4 Car Option

Has anyone here tried something like this? I've seen a few videos of people using them and they look pretty horrible, but I think that can be masked. I'm willing to sacrifice esthetics for comfort.

T

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm 6'1" and my 2017 Altima was clearly not built for the tall.
I'm considering getting a Steering wheel extension like this one : Universal 4 Car Option Steering Wheel - Extension - Black - HUB-32BK by 4 Car Option

Has anyone here tried something like this? I've seen a few videos of people using them and they look pretty horrible, but I think that can be masked. I'm willing to sacrifice esthetics for comfort.

T
You are 6 foot 1 inch tall and you are having trouble reaching the steering wheel? You want the steering wheel to be closer to you?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
IIRC we went through this a good while back.

Won't likely work now for the same reasons it wouldn't then.

Horn won't work, cruise won't work, airbags won't work. Clockspring won't work with connections to wheel pads. Likely disables the steering wheel lock function as well. All those parts have very tight joint fit from the end of column to the steering wheel front and the entire area would have to be re-engineered. If you can do all that you have no need to ask the question to begin with. Being a parts manager for Nissan I would figure you'd grasp that.

Serious safety issues as well, any street driven car should not be able to pass safety inspection like that.

Part is purely for off-road use only where all that equipment is junked.

I'm 6'2" tall and I fail to see what the problem is on mine, a '17 Alt as well.

·
*Donating Member* Member
425 Posts
I guess I am the shorter one here, so far, at just an even 6. No problems either.

OP--Move the seat back upward to a more upright position, and slide the seat forward. It is an Altima, so no need to assume the gangsta seat position to drive down the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts