The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one replace their steering wheel with a new aftermarket one<.for a first gen alty>. i have a momo steering wheel and i know they dont make a hub for it. so should i get a universal momo hub or is there another one from a different car that will work. tried doing a search but couldnt find someone that said what they used. reason replacing steering wheel wrecked it air bags blew, gave me a reason to fix the car up kit and all

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
jree said:
what about on a 2nd gen?

I used a 94 Maxima hub also but it is not a perfect fit. I had to make a thin spacer in order to catch the two teeth that stick out of the hub. Without it, your turn signal won't cancel automatically.

There may be another year Maxima hub you can use without the modification but I just made the 94 hub work for me.

Good luck!

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
what about a car with an airbag? is it illegal to remove it? of course I sure and hell wouldn't do it myself, I'd have a shop do it. but is there anylaws saying I can't?

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
bushdog said:
what about a car with an airbag? is it illegal to remove it? of course I sure and hell wouldn't do it myself, I'd have a shop do it. but is there anylaws saying I can't?
I wouldn't think that its mandatory to have air bags in your car. I think it would be a bigger deal if you took the seatbelts out. Air bags cause more injuries anyways

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
SuperAlty said:
i would check with your insurance company. if you are involved in an accident, and magically have no airbag, it could prove to be troublesome.
It would polly raise your insurance rates up but I don't think the law makes it mandatory to have air bags

1 - 12 of 12 Posts