The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to take off the Nissan logo off the steering wheel. I am wondering if it is just glued on like the badges outside or is ther some "mechanical" connection between the logo and the plastic cover.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,807 Posts
pcsgrp said:
Has anyone tried to take off the Nissan logo off the steering wheel. I am wondering if it is just glued on like the badges outside or is ther some "mechanical" connection between the logo and the plastic cover.
And what may I ask would u put there?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,807 Posts
Resolution

I am not a wiz at these thigs as most of you. Maybe you can help. I downsized the pic after I scanned it and then I had to get it to 100 pixels......that is my result....it sucks any suggestions?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Re: Resolution

wild willy said:
I am not a wiz at these thigs as most of you. Maybe you can help. I downsized the pic after I scanned it and then I had to get it to 100 pixels......that is my result....it sucks any suggestions?
Wish I could lend a hand!
I work with insurance not computers.
I don't even have a digital camera (yet).
Sorry...!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,807 Posts
2002Altima-Moderator

How about a little help from u........what am I doing wrong with my avatar

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wild Willy, if you find it easier to email the picture just shoot it over to me and I can fix it, otherwise posting it is fine.

As for the steering wheel logo, I think it looks nice. I really like the silver on black (in my case)

What plans do you have after you remove it ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was planning on leaving nothing ther if the air bag cover is just the same height and texture as under it. The problem I am having is that my club rubs against it and sooner or later it is going to crack or chip. Before someone mentions it, yes I have put some foam padding under duct tape (black) to keep that from occuring but removing it would just totally eliminate the issue.

·
Registered
884 Posts
pcsgrp said:
The problem I am having is that my club rubs against it and sooner or later it is going to crack or chip.
Throw that club in the trash. That is where the thief is going to throw it after he makes one easy cut in your steering wheel.

Go out and buy the "unBREAKable Autolock". It goes under your break pedal. Nearly unstopable! You can not cut through it, and it is extremely hard to cut through the break pedal because it is hardened steel. You could also use it on the clutch pedal and the car won't start unless it's pushed in, so, no starting the car!

http://www.youcansave.com/autolock.html

step 1:

step 2:

step 3:

write up on epinions.com http://www.epinions.com/content_1526636676

·
1,333 Posts
pcsgrp said:
I was planning on leaving nothing ther if the air bag cover is just the same height and texture as under it. The problem I am having is that my club rubs against it and sooner or later it is going to crack or chip. Before someone mentions it, yes I have put some foam padding under duct tape (black) to keep that from occuring but removing it would just totally eliminate the issue.
There's another emblem in the engine bay on the engine cover. If you break the one on your wheel you can steal the one off of the engine cover. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I don't even lock the club, I use it to keep the kids from breaking the window or door lock when they try to get in and take it for a joy ride. I park at the train station and the HS kids walk by the station all the time. It never fails, if the weather is nice, a few cares get broken into and taken for a joy ride and they get dumped a few miles from the station. With our cars, they are not going to be able to wire it to start (they learn this in the auto shop class) because of the electronic key and all the other stuff. These kids aren't walking around with tools, they just kick in the window and try to start the car. So if they can't start it they just leave you with a broken window at a minimum or they get pissed off and f**k up your ride.

I don't want to go through the problems of replacing a driver side window and fixing up what they break which based on my prior experience, is always just a little less then the deductable. I found that just having the club or other similar divice that they can see prevents them from even trying. Granted if a pro wants the car, they are going to get it no matter what. I hate getting to the station and finding the window broken and the inside of the car wet because of the rain.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Move??? my house is now worth a small fortune. The problem is all the rich kids who live around my place do it for the thrill. You should see graduation day at high school. These kids are getting Mustang GTs and this years car to give is the new x-type jaguar! A few years ago, one of the kids got a new Corvette.

These are rich, spoiled kids who get everything they want, whenever they want and they think the world owes them everything. Unfortunately for a few, their high income fathers worked above the 80th floor in tower 1. I feel for them.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,807 Posts
Re: OT...

SE-Rious said:
Willy, what happened to the resolution in your avatar?
Is that the MR2? :D

Who da man??????? I did it myself, check out that avatar!!!

Who da man???? I da man! Hey this is High tech for me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.