The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey could I put a Grant racing style steering wheel on, or can I not due to the airbag postition in my 1993 Altima?????

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peterson said:
You can. Orlando, Shockwave, and Welton have different wheels...maybe more people do, but these guys for sure. I believe they used the hub from a Maxima, but you'll have to ask them.

But it is totally possible.
thank you for your help....how do you go about doing it? Do you need to rake it somewhere and get it done? My airbag light keeps blinking, I kinda just want to take it out

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Ben said:
Insurance company might not like you taking out an airbag though.
Not to mention federal authorities. Don't get rid of the old wheel - it's against the law to see a car that you've disabled a safety device on.

D

·
0 Posts
Most likely if you get in an accident, the insurence company will refuse to pay for injuries because you disabled the air bag. Not worth it IMO.

Demmy

·
13,020 Posts
kierandill said:

Not to mention federal authorities. Don't get rid of the old wheel - it's against the law to see a car that you've disabled a safety device on.
I don't think it's illegal not to have an airbag. I think it's illegal to claim that you have one with the insurance company and not have one.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright...I dont want to play games with the federal authorities, but I will just do what Peterson said to do...thanks for the help

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dementia said:
Most likely if you get in an accident, the insurence company will refuse to pay for injuries because you disabled the air bag. Not worth it IMO.

Demmy
so in order to get a racing style steering wheel you need to take out the airbag?

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
vindeisel said:

so in order to get a racing style steering wheel you need to take out the airbag?
Have you ever seen a racing wheel with an airbag in the middle? The airbag is part of the steering wheel assembly, so the answer to your question is yes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts