The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tire Burner
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was looking into getting a new steering wheel (stock one) for my '98 Altima SE, because it is leather, and is begginning to look pretty bad at the top. I asked how much one new was, and was quoted $350 shipped! Anyways, theres an ebay auction right now, and can someone tell me if this is what I'm looking for. Its the right year, and same color, but would it be a bitch to replace, or not fit/etc. Thanks Much
P.S. I included the picture from the auction.

·
DRGN4DR
4,504 Posts
u would need a steering wheel puller...and i have seen a lot of steering wheels worn out on altimas...i work at a nissan dealer...the nissan fabric is cheap....get the one u have wrapped and will last longer...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Me too!!

I am buying a new wheel as well. I have asked my insurance co and they said that it doesnt really matter if I remove the airbag. I also asked the PD and they said that there were no laws that would prevent me from removing the airbag so these fakkers are good as gone! I just have to find the correct adapter, from one of my previous posts someone replied that a Maxima adapter would work. No one ever said what year Maxima though. I am planning on doing it this week and if all goes well I will try to post some pics. Anyone else done this or am I breaking new ground here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.