The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently bought a Chinese navi stereo online. Everything is pretty much plug and play. Except for one connection and I do not quite know what it is for. I can't seem to find any info on it. I'm thinking it's a ground but I honestly have no clue. One thing to note is that my radio sound does not stay consistent when it is actually on "radio". Like it will be clear and then lose a little signal then clear again. Maybe something to do with the antenna? Anyways here's a picture of the wires/connection

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
I cannot tell anything from those photos.

My Chinese Android head unit (all of them, really) have that static issue. Some inferior parts are used, I believe certain resistors is the cause of the static issue. There are instructions out there on how to put in better parts, but I decided the cost and risk is not offset by the expected increase in performance.

·
Registered
488 Posts
That jack might be your factory bluetooth mic ,that you will ve unable too use.
Your radio should have settings for country ,mine was set to europe I changed to American, however you will still recive some static ,but we dont buy a andriod unit for the radio.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Almost certainly the amplified factory microphone. Your radio issues I believe are caused by frequency drift which is a symptom of the PLL lock of the frequency synthesizer used in the FM radio module...and it's going to be more than just some resistors to fix all that.

How did you adapt the factory antenna to the android set? I know some older Altimas (like my 09 sedan) had amplfied FM antennas too....so that may be part of the reason...you aren't getting enough signal for a strong lock, and the PLL drifts.

Guess what, yours does too see AV-50. Make sure you powered the antenna amp when you did your harness conversion to the Android unit. See AV-71 and check pins 58,59 and 60 are wired correctly (use previous AV-50 link)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts