The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one to go loading my car with stickers, but our car club just got some logo stickers. I ordered two small ones to put on my lower side molding.

Is the sticker going to hurt the paint? Will I be able to take it off if I want and there be no marks from it???

p.s. the only other sticker I got is a sunstrip, so I'm no ricer-
Joe

·
Banned
1 Posts
yeah, when you are done with the stickers, i.e gonna sell the car or whatever, and want to remove the stickers, use a heat gun. the heat helps the stickers peel right off.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
that happen to my friend and it took his clear coat off? does the heat gun prevent this?
-Smacko

·
Banned
1 Posts
smacko said:
that happen to my friend and it took his clear coat off? does the heat gun prevent this?
-Smacko
well, i went to remove my pinstriping, and I used a razor.....big mistake. however, when I went to remove the little Stanza sticker off the back, a heat gun peeled it right off.

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
smacko said:
-Smacko
That's almost impossible unless the decals were put on right after it got sprayed or it was a shit job. The only problem you will have is if you keep it on for a while, when you take it off, there will be a mark there only cause the decal protects the paint as the rest goes to hell (unless you wash and wax it every week) But don't worry, a couple good waxes and it'll be gone. But this is only if it's on there for years. Heat gun will take off decals.....you just have to make sure not to get it crazy hot. Kinda have to find that happy medium. Too hot=burn fingers, decal turns to gum and hard to get off.....Too Cold.....decal will come off hard and leave glue......Happy Medium=Decal comes off with the glue. Any questions email me and ask.....was in the vinyl business for 6 years.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts