The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I went and test drove a 2007 350z Nismo. It’s a great deal and everything checks out good on the car. However, their is one problem the clutch is extremely stiff and has a really high actuation point. At first I thought I was just over reacting due to not having drove a stick shift car in a while but I had my dad drive it who has a ton more experience then me with stick shifts car. As soon as he got out of the car he told me it was the stiffest clutch he had ever felt (worse then his 65 corvette). Now the only stick car I have ever had was a Honda Civic Si which I owned for a little over a year and the clutch was never a problem and I’m around 6 foot 3 inches tall . I have also driven some of my friends stick Jeep Wranglers and trucks but even those clutches were better then the Nismo's clutch. The guy told me had put a kit that allowed the slave cylinder to be replaced without having to take off the transmission and also said he personally made the clutch more stiff due to being shorter in height. My question is, is there any way to make the clutch less stiff? I have watched videos about replacing the clutch pedal spring but have no clue how big of a difference it would make. I have also heard you can get a replacement clutch that is a lot better. What would be my best option to fix the clutch or is there no way to fix the clutches feel?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts