The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
u know what sucks that it looks like we wont be able to use the race pipe.....

·
Registered
899 Posts
The race pipe is definately not the same piece they have pictured. That would really piss the race pipe owners off, especially since when I called earlier, they told me (and lots of others, I'm sure) that their headers would have to be used with their racepipe. Maybe they'll make a version that will work with it.

The design looks pretty good to me. This should definately add a few ponies. Guess I'll hold off on the racepipe for now (I was getting close to ordering one from Stillen or Cattman if theirs is ready).

Now what scares me most is "call for price".

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
looking at it again, it looks like they are made like the 2.5....they don't match up to the port holes(i think they are called port holes) exactly like the hotshot does....oh well, someone be the guinnea pig and try it out:D

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Good luck passing emissions inspections...no cats whatsoever...that thing will light up every
OBD II monitor attached to it!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Actually, I don't think the stock exhaust manifold is all
that bad on the 3.5. Have any of you looked up
under there to see it?

The main restriction (before the main cat) is the
crimped section which the racepipe
eliminates right before the main cat.

The only advantage that I can see is the
most likely increase in pipe diameter, which
we don't know for sure cuz there are no details
on this thing.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
SE-Rious said:
Good luck passing emissions inspections...no cats whatsoever...that thing will light up every
OBD II monitor attached to it!
SE-Rious said:
Actually, I don't think the stock exhaust manifold is all
that bad on the 3.5. Have any of you looked up
under there to see it?

The main restriction (before the main cat) is the
crimped section which the racepipe
eliminates right before the main cat....

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I just called Stillen, gonna be a few weeks, no pricing just yet. Gonna be two pieces, he said he wasn't sure if it would be able to pass emissions yet because it is still in R&D..

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I just called Stillen, gonna be a few weeks, no pricing just yet. Gonna be two pieces, he said he wasn't sure if it would be able to pass emissions yet because it is still in R&D..
So the pic must be a prototype then...
Stillen's marketing geniuses at work
again [sigh!] :rolleyes:

·
iLoveUman
1,116 Posts
headers add a claimed 30WHP to CL-S, if this is close then maybe i'd be willing to pay what $tillen will charge.

·
Parts & Service Manager
1,812 Posts
I am really mad about the race pipe. I would not have bought it if I knew it wouldn't fit. They stated that in the old catalogs that you would need the race pipe for the headers. im so pissed right now

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Those headers will not be street legal at all. All 3 cats would be removed. If you want to be environment conscious, just stick with the race pipe.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
flarearrow said:
Those headers will not be street legal at all. All 3 cats would be removed. If you want to be environment conscious, just stick with the race pipe.
Look at my posts on pg. 1 that flarearrow backed me up on...
the race pipe is all you really need...header is unnecessary!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts