The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i installed it the best i knew how to. the instruction where soaking wet and i couldnt really read them cause the package was left out in the rain, but anyways i took out the old air box and set it up all right according to the picture but the other side of the tube(the one near the fender where the opening is facing the intake) is just sticking out there with nothing around it and i didnt notice too much of a difference of performance just a loud noise when accelerating. am i supposed to attach that tube to something or just leave it there? thanks. also my check engine light didnt come on after install so does that mean i did it right and got luckey or is something wrong.

·
candy is dandy.
3,932 Posts
dont sweat that tube man,its just the tube that goes to your resonator box.but honestly you should have bought the place racing cai for your car.jmo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh if i had 200 to spend on it i definatly would have believe me that i did not spend 200 bucks on a shitty intake from stillen, i actually got it from anohter member for 50 bucks. but thanks for the input.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Sounds like you did everything right. Go the rest of the way by getting headers, cat, catback and you might feel a diff.
As for that pipe just hanging there, you can remove it or leave it...doesn't really matter. personally, I'd remove it...mental thing about taking 2pounds off the car...heh.
Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts