The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally bought it. I bought 'em Anti sway bar from SouthWest Autoworks. When I install 'em, I'll try to post pictures of the installation process...but I don't think it will be purdy. Any pointers, I'm listening... :p

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
TweekersAltima said:
MAKE SURE U DON'T INSTALL IT BACKWARDS, LoL...you will save lots of time and frustration.
Hi TweekerAltima! How do i know if its backwards? Are there any arrows or marking on it? Also I bought the urathane bushings...hope that's not too hard to install.

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TweekerAltima!!! You little Post-Whore! 5281 posts??? :eek:

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
When you take out the original, lay it on the floor, the way it would be if installed. Get your new bar and lay it next to the original one. If it's backwards, you'll see the bends don't match-up.

Also, be sure to use jackstands!

I put mine on this weekend. About a half hour job. The car really has outstanding handling w/the sway bar and Eibach Prokits installed! :D

As for the bushings, I think Altimat said some modifying is necessary.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
i don't know anything about the bushings.....but do what the dragon said. If it's backwards, when you go for a test drive, you will hear a horrible clunking noise. The only damage it does is that your RSB will be scratched up.

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool! Thanks to both of you! Dragon: where should the jack stand go under the car? I don't wanna bend anything.

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
I put the jack stands under the jack points (just in front of the rear tires.) You can jack it up under the center cross piece w/a floor jack that's big enough.

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Black Dragon said:
I put the jack stands under the jack points (just in front of the rear tires.) You can jack it up under the center cross piece w/a floor jack that's big enough.
Ok, i think i saw that in the owner's manual....cool thanks.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
how much did u guys paid for ur sway bar? Tweeek/Warhoggie?

where can i find the best price?

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
albertz said:
how much did u guys paid for ur sway bar? Tweeek/Warhoggie?

where can i find the best price?

$142.99 plus shipping ($31.50) to California.

Suppose to be here 7 to 10 days.

Bought it from SouthWest Autoworks in AZ.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
lol...just $142 for me. I was already in Phoenix visiting my mom so i dropped by and picked two of them up. The only two they had at the time. One for me and one for Thaibruin. $142 with no shipping:D

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TweekersAltima said:
lol...just $142 for me. I was already in Phoenix visiting my mom so i dropped by and picked two of them up. The only two they had at the time. One for me and one for Thaibruin. $142 with no shipping:D

Blah! It probably cost me more money in gas driving back and forth, than having them ship it to me.

And you're still my little posting whore TweekerAltima! :D

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TweekersAltima said:
I'm nobody's posting whore......i say when, how, and how much!
:( I meant it in a good way....as in my hero.

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Black Dragon said:
warhoggie - did you get your rsb yet? SWA stuff gets to me within 3 days after ordering, should be even quicker for you.

LOL funny you should ask! I just got 'em about 10 minutes ago! They said 7 - 10 business days. But I got them in 2 days! Thanks SouthWest Auto! :D

·
Got HP?!
303 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
i don't know anything about the bushings.....but do what the dragon said. If it's backwards, when you go for a test drive, you will hear a horrible clunking noise. The only damage it does is that your RSB will be scratched up.
Hey Tweeker, did you by any chance actually do this? It sounds like something I would do.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts