The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had Stillen’s Exhaust installed on Friday 4/12/02 and fell in love with the over all sound. Performance was hard to measure and was scheduled for a Dyno but the shop I was supposed to go to went down for repairs. While I was having the mufflers installed I asked the shop lead tech about cat backs. He has allot of experience with high performance setup and said there would be a greatly enhance sound as well as a greater overall performance with the elimination of the crush pipe section just in front of the y pipe. My next question was about clearance and Mendel bent tubing. He was sure that with a slight Mendel bend just before the current crush pipe location would yield the same clearance and would not lower the pipe any closer to the ground. I gave him the thumbs up and put my baby in this pass Friday to have the cutback completed. $175.00 and 45 minutes later she was pushed off the lift and I could not believe the sound out of her. It is absolutely fantastic . Still can’t claim any performance boost but it feels a little different. With out a doubt the single most bang for the bucks you can do to your car. :D :D :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still can’t claim any performance boost but it feels a little different. With out a doubt the single most bang for the bucks you can do to your car.
Combining those two sentences doesn't make any sense to me, especially at ~$600 for Stillen exhaust and ~$175 for install. Maybe I'm a tightwad (there is no "maybe" to it), but for ~$775, MAYBE feeling a difference doesn't qualify as "the single most bang for the bucks you can do to your car".

I'm glad your happy with it, and I'm not trying to flame, but let's be reasonable here.:D

·
Registered
850 Posts
bmvalk said:
He has allot of experience with high performance setup and said there would be a greatly enhance sound as well as a greater overall performance with the elimination of the crush pipe section just in front of the y pipe. My next question was about clearance and Mendel bent tubing. He was sure that with a slight Mendel bend just before the current crush pipe location would yield the same clearance and would not lower the pipe any closer to the ground. I could not believe the sound out of her. It is absolutely fantastic .
Questions.....

You removed the resonator right?
Can you post pictures of the system?
How about a sound clip?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To Each His Own

Max Power; Yes it's allot of money but before I spent it I set up clear and deceives goals on what I hope to accomplish. In my opinion and it is just that most modification we do to our cars are to enhance it in someway or another. Of all the modifications I’ve seen or read about on this forum this was by far the most impact oriented result. Not only have I given the car a more effective means of removing the combustion gases but also in return I’ve gain better gas consumption, more power (not sure how much) and an image of power and performance as well as a lifetime warrantee on the mufflers. The question remains then is what is the price you or I would pay for these results? Again in my opinion the ends justify the means and it was money well spent. I will try to record and take pictures of the installation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hang On I'm Working On It

OhTwoAltimaSE sorry it taking so long but I need to get the car back up on the lift so I can get some good pictures. Working on sound recording as well. Hope to get it done today if not over the weekend. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.