folks) version of the other popular straight-through, perforated
core mufflers. Anybody know or have one? And how did it affect
performance? And one more thing, anyone have any definite
results or anything on using a sentra or maxima var. capacity
muffler?

·
boosted
467 Posts
I think it's a good deal. For $200 the stillen exhaust bolts right in, so you don't have to worry about a muffler shop putting it on crooked. It's not just another shiny fart pipe, it actually looks like an OE muffler with a 4" tip. Without additional 2.5" piping, there's no big difference in hp, you may gain 5 at the most. But the sound can't be beat.

·
7,727 Posts
the stillen is not a cat back though. No one has dynoed either the sentra or maxima muffler. Someone has already tried fitting the sentra muffler and it didn't work out. Maxima muffler works for the second gen. The stillen muffler itself is not shiny just the tip.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the alleged stupidity- I didn't mean to let the catback
and Stillen statement run together like that. All this effort just so
you guys know (or don't know..) that I'm not a retard. But always, any comments or help is appreciated.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i love my stillin. i have had it for 3 years now and it hasnt rusted out or anything yet. it sounds nice (has a real deep tone to it) and i love the thick chrome tip. its deff worth the $ if u dont have the 600 for a cat back

·
No more pomegranite boobs
1,081 Posts
looked at Stillen.com and they say $257 for the exhaust, and they have no pics. Is there a cheaper source, and where can I see some pics!?

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
dude, stillen mufflers are way overpriced. you can buy all kinds of better looking, cheaper brand name mufflers for less than half the price of a stillen.

·
Registered
153 Posts
For those of you in Jersey with loud mufflers,, do you get through inspections fine and everything, i saw somebody said that you can't have a too loud muffler in Jersey,,, do you think that a dual tipped OBX muffler would be loud, haven't installed it and may just sell it if its going to get me in trouble.. thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
One thing about stillen from what I hear is that what pricing you see on their site is not the same pricing you get when you call them. If you call you will probably get BETTER pricing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts