The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much power a stillen exhaust system adds to a 2001 nissan altima and is it worth the money.:confused:

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
It's not worth it. It's just an axle-back exhaust. it's essentially just a muffler. If you want to make real power, go for a full catback like Greddy.

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
I know nada about the Stillen exhaust for the second-gen, but if it's anything like their exhaust for the first-gen, I'd say it's not worth it. I had it for about two years on my '94 GXE and it looked funny, didn't sound all that great, and started to rust in a few spots pretty quick. As Peterson, I believe, said: it's a big tip welded onto a muffler. That's all.

·
rawdmizle
471 Posts
im glad i read this thread, i was thinking bout
doing the stillen and custom cat pipe...... thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ARE STILLEN HEADERS ROAD LEGAL ON THE STILLEN.COM WEBSITE IT SAID IT'S ONLY FOR OFF ROAD AND RACING USE.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
The Stillen headers are NOT street legal.

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
hmm lets see. If the company that makes them says that they aren't street legal when then I guess THEY AIN'T STREET LEGAL.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
SCC's waste of a Project Altima (95 auto rental car) produced 13.7 wheel hp from the JWT intake and Stillen muffler, though it goes to show that probably ANY straight through muffler could produce the same share of results (whatever % the muffler played) as the Stillen.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
it was actually the stillen intake SCC used. i still have the 4 year old mag but it did make a good gain of power.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i had the stillen on my 1st alty. the center core of the muffler rusted out in less than a year, and it sounded horrible. i called stillen and they wouldnt do shit for me either except sell me another one at cost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts