Nissan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired MòDÉrâTòR
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Stillen intake and had a questions for those with aftermarket intakes. After installation, my check engine light came on and my car's performance was crap. My throttle response is horrible and my car takes forever to excellerate. Also if I hammer the gas my car sounds like its getting to much air and hesitates bad almost making a popping sound. I checked all sensors and made sure everything was tight. What the hell is wrong?

·
I OWN XTC,An XTC OWNZ U
1,863 Posts
i got a stillen intake.
First your check engine light , you have to go to a dealer and have it reset, BUT don't let them trick you in to gettin a new one, they told me mine was messed up and i needed a neww one, assholes they are! Or take it to a mechanic and have it reset. The ligh came on because you disconeted the temp. sensor.
Second the hesitation the only thing I know about that is it may be lose, i'm not to shore about that. I never had that problem, I felt good power gain from mine.
Hopefully this helps
:D

·
Liquid-Ink Venom Kit!
2,307 Posts
I have that intake....it is deffinatley an install problem....make sure that everthing is tight and the is no possible way for air to sneak in...check around the throttle body too...i had this happen with a ghetto intake that i got for 30 bux....and check the Faq to reset the ecu...that works...don't bring it to a dealer...

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I too experience crappy throttle response at low rpms, like from standstill. Also easier to stall. That was when I had CAI -> WAI.
Try resetting the ecu and give it 2 weeks (30 engine starts).
Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Ry
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing