The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who have purchased and installed the stillen racepipe...

is there a dramatic power increase? has anyone dynoed their car after installing one?

i'm serioulsy thinking about buying one soon, but i wanna know the good/bad sides about having it. your opinions would be appreciated.

·
On Dubs, Nothing Less
292 Posts
Hey just remember, YOU VOID YOUR ENGINE WARRANTY! I contacted 2 of my local dealerships and they both stated that it would void the warranty. I was going to to the headers and race pipe for my car. Check with your local dealership before ordering and get a written letter stating that it will NOT void the warranty. I originally asked Stillen and they said that it depends all on the dealership. They are independentlly owned and operated. If your dealership gives the ok, go for it.
Just wanted to let you know.

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
i just ordered mine, and if it voids the warranty.....just switch it back....its all bold on right?? pain in the ass, but a warranty is a warranty

·
1,244 Posts
02 3.5 said:
Hey just remember, YOU VOID YOUR ENGINE WARRANTY! I contacted 2 of my local dealerships and they both stated that it would void the warranty. I was going to to the headers and race pipe for my car. Check with your local dealership before ordering and get a written letter stating that it will NOT void the warranty. I originally asked Stillen and they said that it depends all on the dealership. They are independentlly owned and operated. If your dealership gives the ok, go for it.
Just wanted to let you know.
Good luck trying to get a dealership to put something like that in writing

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
totalycrazy said:
i just ordered mine, and if it voids the warranty.....just switch it back....its all bold on right?? pain in the ass, but a warranty is a warranty
totalycrazy is right about switching it back to stock for your warranty! But it will be a real pain if you got to switch back and forth.

First of all anything you put in your car to mod it will void your warranty!

I decide to leave mine stock and focus more on looks! Once the warranty is done with, I will do major mods to the engine. Hopefully by then, a turbo will be available or ever a supercharger.

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
yeah by then we will have flying cars.....j/k!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That's all boloney, they just don't want to deal with it in case something DOES happen. A dealer will discourage you from doing anything to your car. Hell if they had it their way you wouldn't even drive it. Hypothetically, if they accused the race pipe of causing a certain malfunction, they would have to prove it before they denied you your warranty.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
JerryJ said:
First of all anything you put in your car to mod it will void your warranty!
What ever it is you're smoking.... share with the rest of the members.

You couldn't be more wrong.

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, thanx guys for your input.

but, i was wanting answers more in terms of performance increase. no one has dynoed their car after putting in the racepipe, or raced anyone and saw significant power gain?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Remember, the Stillen racepipe gets rid of the two pre-cats, so you may have problems passing emissions tests on a cold engine.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
djsung815 said:
ok, thanx guys for your input.

but, i was wanting answers more in terms of performance increase. no one has dynoed their car after putting in the racepipe, or raced anyone and saw significant power gain?
No dyno for me, but the butt dyno gives it two cheeks up!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Slurppie said:

wrong, it gets rid of the main cat, the two pre-cats are before the "race pipe"
SLurppie,
Are you going catback also? Should make a
great combo. Will delete that Bend after the cat,
which has to be costing some phonies...
Also considering the pipe, with NISMO catback.
Since car is new, shouldnt have to switch cat
for a couple of years, to pass smog...

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm not worried about the smog testing.
i live in indiana, and i've never done any sort of emission testing or smog check.

i'm more worried about the performance gain.

·
Registered
370 Posts
djsung815,
your lucky! In Cal we have to deal with it...
you might PM Altimat, he also has the pipe...

·
Ruler of all 7 Eleven's
1,358 Posts
Eticket said:

SLurppie,
Are you going catback also?
yes sir indeed I am :) figure the "B pipe" is the most restrictve part that I can replace so start there. I hope to have the rest done by next month. And if everything goes smoothly, I will be living in a county that does not require emissions inspections...which is definately a plus.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts