The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I wish I had a car
162 Posts
i wouldnt see why not, and it made a pretty big difference on my car. u should buy it from customaltima though. their bar is a better design.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Are you sure solid and stiffer is necessarily better? Couldn't solid be just cheaper, or maybe even too stiff?

Not disputing your claim, just looking for the truth vs. manufacturer's claims. I was never even 100% certain that Stillen's is actually still hollow, but thicker walled than stock. Maybe theirs is solid too?? Do they say its hollow??

·
Registered
11 Posts
A solid bar is A LOT CHEAPER than a hollow bar. Do a little research (http://www.mcmaster.com/). Just compare keeping the overall length and outside diameters the same. Now as for stiffness...let me see about that...I'll get back to you. But just for kicks a hollow bar is lighter and in the end every little bit counts.

I'd like to know if Stillens bar is hollow as well.

·
I wish I had a car
162 Posts
Altimat said:
Are you sure solid and stiffer is necessarily better? Couldn't solid be just cheaper, or maybe even too stiff?

Not disputing your claim, just looking for the truth vs. manufacturer's claims. I was never even 100% certain that Stillen's is actually still hollow, but thicker walled than stock. Maybe theirs is solid too?? Do they say its hollow??
you are right in that stiffer isnt always better, but it depends on where your setup is now and what u want to do. for a DD either bar will be a great addition.

stillens site says it is hollow, just stiffer than stock. stillens site has it for ~145 and customaltima is ~130.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i would think a big company like stillen would put some more money into R&D than a company like customenterprise. Not that the customaltima product is bad, I'm sure its great as well. I shouldn't be talking because i have never owned or tested either, but i would think if the rsb is too stiff, it might make tight turns sloppy.

·
Loki
152 Posts
ca04alti said:
i wouldnt see why not, and it made a pretty big difference on my car. u should buy it from customaltima though. their bar is a better design.
Just to clarify things a bit. The sway bar that Custom Enterprises states they developed is made by Progress Technology.

It really peeves me when companies claim parts and technology when they had nothing to do with it.

Click here to see for yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts