The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
gorgeanimal said:
Besides the filter element (Stillen uses a filter made by K&N to Stillen specs, JWT uses their own), is there anything to justify the price difference (Stillen=$177, JWT via Mossy=120)?
WOW!
That's a $57 difference!
The Parts Mgr. at my local Nissan Shop
said he could get either Stillen or JWT
for the same price. I went with JWT
because I like the blue vs. the red!
Although, the K&N filter is actually white
when you rinse the oil out of it. Don't know what
color the JWT is as I have not cleaned it yet.

As far as I know, the filter itself is the
only difference between the two. I bet they dyno
the same though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Someone said that I should go with a Cold Air Intake instead of a popcharger because the popcharger does not work well in hot weather. Is this true?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Mattman said:
Someone said that I should go with a Cold Air Intake instead of a popcharger because the popcharger does not work well in hot weather. Is this true?
It depends...if you want to wait until the aftermaket
makes a quality CAI, OR you can buy the Pop-Charger
now and construct a heat shield to protect it against warm/hot
air as we head towards spring/summer.

Others on this site are doing the latter.

I forgot which thread this is addressed-
but it's here somewhere! Use "Search".

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Remove the intake. Use a piece of posterboard to make a template for a divider that will sandwich between your MAF and intake adapter to isolate it from warm engine compartment air on all sides (don't forget to fit it to the underside of the hood as well). Then make the final piece out of plastic sheet or something similar. Cut the intake hole and bolt holes. Add a perimeter seal of some sort. Allow 90 degree tabs in several locations to anchor it to the car. Supply a source of cold air to the now sealed off intake air area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts