MPH-94.61

2nd run
R/T-.958
60'-2.160
330-6.067
1/8-9.276
1/4-14.399
MPH-94.29

Supposedly stock 6 speed 2k2 Max. I wonder how much the HLSD helps? How hard would it be to add this into an Alty?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
i talked to my bro about the lsd (he's got a 2k SE 5sp, heavily modded). It's not likely to work cuz Max's have 6sp and we have 5sp. I will try to find out what tranny is in the 2k2 Altima and see if it's the same as the 2k or 2k1 Maximas cuz there's lsd availbable for them. My bro just purchased a lsd but we're waiting till he kills the clutch or time to change the tranny fluid before we put it in...too much work otherwise.
Jay

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
oh yeah, a 4th gen Max ran 14.3 (no sc or nitrous). He lined up w/a 2k2 Max 6sp demo car. Demo car won, leading me to believe 2k2 Max 6sp is a sub 14.3 car. Very sweet! Imagine throwing on some light mods...14flat easily!
Jay

·
Altima Wannabe
33 Posts
Numbers without HLSD!

Just so you guy's know,

Those numbers are WITHOUT the HLSD. The first batch of 6 speed's came without the Helical limited-slip differential.(production 12/01, Delivery 02/02)

Now Imagine what a 6 speed equiped Maxima with HLSD could do! ;)

P.S.: Everything is possible, you could put a limited slip in the Altima... But it' gonna cost you lot's of $$$. :(

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
I doubt seriously that the Max's and SE-R's LSD will bolt up to a new Altima. If it did, Nissan would be offering it as an option on our car too. Think about it ... if they already have the part designed and in production, why wouldn't they offer it, even if only like 1% bought it? The more they sell, the more profit they make on that subsystem.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
So you how do you explain better ET's with lower trap speeds? Seems the Max is getting off the line much faster but how could this be so without a LSD?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Altimat said:
So you how do you explain better ET's with lower trap speeds? Seems the Max is getting off the line much faster but how could this be so without a LSD?
No or little wheel spin on lauch will often result in fast ets with low mphs. However, concerning the numbers in question, there has been some debate about them.... they don't seem consistant with what you would expect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts