Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a motor that has the following

Port and polish on the head
Balanced, Blueprinted, and machined bottom end

The motor put out 173hp and 184lb t at the crank
I put this motor in my altima with all mods minus the jwt ecu
and it out performs my brothers 2002 wrx (not off the line :) )

The motor also has a rebuilt transmission with LSD but the gears are not solely Altima...The 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears are Maxima gears which gives me a better top end but still keeps the good low end of 1st and 2nd that the Altima has.

This is a great motor it is going to be Turbo Charged running about 6 to 8 lbs of boost not much but I am going to run a setup that does not have a intercooler...I will probably be able to put the kit together for about 2000 to 2500 US dollars

The motor runs 9.5 to 1 compression so it is bumped up from the stock 9.3 to 1...this is one sweet ride...I can't wait to see what times it will have in the quarter mile

Oh it has a 6 puck clutch by act to go with the killer transmission

I got ta love it

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
dogfest15 said:
I recently purchased a motor that has the following

Port and polish on the head
Balanced, Blueprinted, and machined bottom end

The motor put out 173hp and 184lb t at the crank
I put this motor in my altima with all mods minus the jwt ecu
and it out performs my brothers 2002 wrx (not off the line :) )

The motor also has a rebuilt transmission with LSD but the gears are not solely Altima...The 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears are Maxima gears which gives me a better top end but still keeps the good low end of 1st and 2nd that the Altima has.

This is a great motor it is going to be Turbo Charged running about 6 to 8 lbs of boost not much but I am going to run a setup that does not have a intercooler...I will probably be able to put the kit together for about 2000 to 2500 US dollars

The motor runs 9.5 to 1 compression so it is bumped up from the stock 9.3 to 1...this is one sweet ride...I can't wait to see what times it will have in the quarter mile

Oh it has a 6 puck clutch by act to go with the killer transmission

I got ta love it
get the JWT chip, if you get a turbo. You will get major fuel issues

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
6-8 LBS , AND 9.5:1 with no intercooler is gona be hard to keep from detonating !!!! Run an intercooler and be sure to run the JWT Turbo program .... You will be happy you did !!!

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
9.5:1 comp will most definitely need race gas. I was getting pingage on 93 octane... I used octane booster to solve that problem. and also, no intercooler means only 6 psi max, you'll fry your turbo not to mention cook your oil in your engine boosting more.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
damn. wish i could find a motor built already. how much did you pay?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well...motor and tranny are probably not as much as you think...I hope to do a dyno run

I am thinking about 180hp to the wheels...it scoots that is all I have to say

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a few questions...with all that I have done to my motor it runs dead lean until 4500 rpm's...I have custom made a FPR already out of my existing FPR with a B+M Honda FPR.

I want to know if you All motor techs think that bumping up the Fuel pressure will give me more gas or better effieciency in the lower rpm bands

Thanks

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Sorry can't help but..... GO AGGIES!!!! I was raised in and lived in Bryan & College Station from '81 to '93 when I moved to Memphis!

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
dont even tell me that you're running stock injectors and stock fuel rail... if you are, that's dumb (no offense). our stock injectors are already running close to 60%. with the bump in HP that you claim, the reason they might be running dead lean is because you're maxing out the effectiveness of the injectors. You will need to get some 370cc 300ZX TT injectors. they should fit in your existing fuel rail too. Lastly, you need to get your ECCU reprogrammed for your compression AND the injector size. I dont know why I didnt see it before, but the ECU is designed for 9.3:1 comp not 9.5:1, you really need to get the ecu reprogrammed pronto, it could be screwing with your engine more than you think.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked with the Ben at JWT and he said that since my compression is not much greater than stock (.2) than they do not have a program availabe for it...that is upgrade compression prog.

My injectors are fine I since no problems but no ping or knock...I have tuned the car since I have had it back and it did need a little
tuning

I raced a civic si last night at the street racing and beat him...he had a 75 shot too!! how about that...1 for the home team hey!

Well thanks ctthunder for you input...I sent you a PM

Adjustable FPR to go on tomorrow

-Will

·
2k Mazda Miata LS
734 Posts
dogfest15 said:

I raced a civic si last night at the street racing and beat him...he had a 75 shot too!! how about that...1 for the home team hey!

-Will
I was there and it was a close race, but Will pulled it off. The ricer in the civic did the flashers like he actually won :rolleyes:

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
dogfest15 said:
I talked with the Ben at JWT and he said that since my compression is not much greater than stock (.2) than they do not have a program availabe for it...that is upgrade compression prog.

My injectors are fine I since no problems but no ping or knock...I have tuned the car since I have had it back and it did need a little
tuning

Well thanks ctthunder for you input...I sent you a PM

Adjustable FPR to go on tomorrow

-Will
It will still always be slow untill we see some Timeslips !!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
haha, na dees nuts. hes gonna want to go faster. everyone does. . . . its all about boost.

·
altima/dsm lover4life
1,511 Posts
dogfest15 said:
why the harsh words

It is not slow...far from that but I see you shawn

you all need proof that it can go
Hey Dog I want to talk to you empty your mailbox or something man.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you do it right you can run about 6 to 8 psi max...effiecient turbo and so on...it can be done...granted it takes a little more accurate tuning

I am not going to run a turbo with out an intercooler now

I have already ordered a jwt ecu with 9.5 to 1 compression, 50lb injectors, jwt fuel rail, cobra maf

I hope they do as good of a job as people say they do...I have a guy in my area that loves nissans and he has a in floor dyno

jwt says 290hp to the wheels and the shop says 350hp to the wheels

I assume that my motor puts out about 235hp to the crank and it means about a 15% power loss to the wheels so about 200hp

1 - 20 of 77 Posts