The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kreemerz
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a damaged tire a few weeks ago. So I took it in to get it repaired. My maintenance covers 75% of the fee so it ended up costing me $50. But I was shocked to learn that the tire was a $200 tire.

Strangely though, Nissan told me that the tire was not in stock and had been discontinued. I was like, what?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a damaged tire a few weeks ago. So I took it in to get it repaired. My maintenance covers 75% of the fee so it ended up costing me $50. But I was shocked to learn that the tire was a $200 tire.

Strangely though, Nissan told me that the tire was not in stock and had been discontinued. I was like, what?
I believe that Nissan has used Continental, Dunlop and Michelin on the 2013 to 2015 Altimas. You should be able to get an OEM size from any of those manufacturers for well under $200 each....

So, did they end up giving you a mismatched brand or just a slightly different model from the same manufacturer?

·
Kreemerz
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that Nissan has used Continental, Dunlop and Michelin on the 2013 to 2015 Altimas. You should be able to get an OEM size from any of those manufacturers for well under $200 each....

So, did they end up giving you a mismatched brand or just a slightly different model from the same manufacturer?
No, they had to contact the manufacturer- Michelin. So it's the same tire. I wonder though if they will eventually replace all tires at some point or just wait for a tire to go individually.

·
Registered
119 Posts
my 2014 2.5s came with Hankook Optimo 16" tires
my sisters 2014 2.5s came with Continentals 16" tires
my co workers 2015 2.5s came with Continentals 16" tires

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like they had some fees baked into that tire. I'm not sure it is possible to pay $200 for a 16" tire, unless you are paying full retail plus costs to install. I checked what the "real world" prices are to purchase and install tires for our cars, and it's about $120. And if you have Costco or something, you can do even better.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts

Michelin discontinued the tires that came stock on with the 16'' Wheels - Primacy M***4

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
my 2014 2.5s came with Hankook Optimo 16" tires
my sisters 2014 2.5s came with Continentals 16" tires
my co workers 2015 2.5s came with Continentals 16" tires
My 2014 2.5s came with Michelin Primacy M***4 ... great tires, still look new at 25k miles.

·
My Other Ride is Your Mom
67 Posts
Not sure about the other OEM tires that came on Altimas, but the Dunlop 7000's on mine SUCK. Hands down absolutely the worst tire I have ever had. At 26,000 miles they still appear to have tread left, but break traction very easily, do not feel stable when cornering, and seem to give the entire a very "floaty" feeling.

I thought this might be a tire pressure issue, but they are all right at 34psi (as measured externally, not using the vehicle TPMS).

Continental Extreme DWS are the best all-weather tire I've ever owned, and they are under $200.00 per tire. Great replacement option IMO, and will be replacing the Dunlops come spring time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just replaced all 4 of my 18" 3.5SL tires with pirelli p7 cintaro plus tires. They ride amazing. Hopefully they will live up to tirerack winter results. If so then I will be blown away with these tires. So quiet, great in wet and dry, handling crisp and predictable. Fingers crossed for how they perform in the snow

·
Hal in Va near D.C.
147 Posts
Pirellis, Contis and another brand compared pretty close in a test ( I forget which site). Tire prices were around 186 a 195 per tire plus installation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts