The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any luck using those Oils formulated for high mileage engines? They are supposed to have seal conditioners that soften and swell the old dried up seals.

I just bought some Castrol 20w-50GTX for High Mileage for my oil Change next week..
I also added 2 cans of CD-2 oil treatment to get the seal swelling process moving along...

Any luck with this???

·
588 Posts
additive arent really enccesary, if the oil is formulated for high mileage car, than its not needed, i would recomned 10w30 because you have high mileage, at least thats what mobil1 says, 5w30 for new cares, 10w30 for high miles, 15w50 for racing

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
asf4life said:
additive arent really enccesary, if the oil is formulated for high mileage car, than its not needed, i would recomned 10w30 because you have high mileage, at least thats what mobil1 says, 5w30 for new cares, 10w30 for high miles, 15w50 for racing
Dude, 10w-30 would run out of my motor like a spagetti strainer...
I am using 10w-40 now and am going to move to 20w-50..

I live in Florida...Cold weather is not a factor..

When the car is Cold the oil will act like a 20W in the Driveway..This should keep most of it in the engine... :)

I am really looking for "Experiences" with additives.. more than opinions... :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
asleepaltima said:
im just curious, is the problem very concealed or you just dont wanna fix it the correct way?
Just don't have $1000 at the time to fix the leak...in the meantime my driveway is being trashed...

I already know it's the Front Cover, Front and rear crank seals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts