The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.stradausa.com/detail.asp?product_id=AL9801

OK, after a long weekend. I finally got it and got a chance to test fitted.

NOTE: this is just "put on" the car, no tape etc

the fit was pretty damn good. and just needs a lil bit of tape.

one note on install...u might want to paint the eyelids black or white or whatever. as u can see in the pic. the yellow shows up in ur lens (reflection). but yea...i SHOULD have them painted and installed properly this weekend...HOPE :D that's the key word.

another NOTE: 98~99 is a perfect fit (told from ma 2nd gen homie competition)

***NOTE this is not properly installed, if taped down it'll b perfectt. so don't go all psycho goin it looks like it fits like $#!+***

·
Registered
384 Posts
Will the eyelids block any light from the headlights?

·
TopNotch FL President
1,346 Posts
Looking good :bigok: I plan to order these soon. I like the way this looks and probably with a CF I would paint them black instead of the color of the car.

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea...got them from anthony...he also helped me out on my other project...it's great to talk 2 someone that shares the same car as ya...cuz as u can see in our last meet...i to was an odd ball...

haven't tested them out...but FYI...stock light points down...i think the only light that i might block...is so far that it doesn't matter....

and if ur not rollin in HIDs and running blue ricer bulbs...ur not blockin much :D just had 2 rub that $#!+ in

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Its a toss up.. i think they may look very well painted on his car with his CF hood.. its an added touch in color.. ideally it would be great in CF.. but not bad at all painted in my opinion..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
TaLon2 20 said:
not too bad...could be a little better tho
eyelids arent meant to stand alone the way Kenny took the shots, it enhances the overall look and feel for the car..

To many it is a finishing touch..

These eyelids will add flare and it is a novelty item, so anyone whos interested we have a minium number of sets from the inital run shipped from Asia... those interested should reserve theirs today. :)

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
distance shots when it's done. i was too lazy to back out of the garage to take pics.

they're goin to the paint shop wed...if i find time to take pics i'll try 2 get some distance shots...

everyone has their taste. i found this acceptable...and probably the ONLY option anyone can have (beside making ur own).

but yea...will try 2 have some light pictures too...but ma camera suxor @ 9t :(

·
OG
4,071 Posts
it does stop SOME light ... that i've noticed with my G. they dont light up as high as before obviously.

those look good man, real good.

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
I know David thought my DIY eyelids should not even be called eyelids as they are too subtle but I definitely prefer mine now that I have seen these pics. They are just too wide for my taste.
I think I will just make another set again with the width being somewhere between the Strada one and my original one.

David, this is just a personal opinion with no bad intent and I still do appreciate the fact that you are developing 2nd gen products.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Racing Gear said:
I know David thought my DIY eyelids should not even be called eyelids as they are too subtle but I definitely prefer mine now that I have seen these pics. They are just too wide for my taste.
I think I will just make another set again with the width being somewhere between the Strada one and my original one.

David, this is just a personal opinion with no bad intent and I still do appreciate the fact that you are developing 2nd gen products.
It sounds like you took offense to my previous comment on your DIY trim..

But I think that is what you had done a "trim" it hugs the outer rim.. all I said is that in my opinion I dont consider them so much eyelids, when I think eyelids I consider them to cover more of the face and having distinct lines.. so that is why I said what I did... ;)

If you prefer them less somewhere in between you can always sand them down, you are talking minor milimeters.. easy dremel work.

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gees...that's the thing i don't like when some ppl post...like i said...they were just PUT on the car...it wasn't properly installed. if properly installed, they would fit pretty much perfect.

the fitment i can guarantee right now and here. if that's the only problem...then ur just making useless comment.

if the LOOK is not your taste...well that's nothing i can do. BUT, these will make it ALOT easier to modify to ur taste. trust me...if u don't kno how to use fiberglass properly, u'll destory a set of headlights. i try makin them off my set of head lights, and they messed it up good. (ppl can confirm this, they've seen ma old headlights).

props on strada on bringing products out for the 2nd gen...

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
at first glance, i thought those were just tape put on the lights.

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
If you prefer them less somewhere in between you can always sand them down, you are talking minor milimeters.. easy dremel work.
Only reason why I'm going to do another DIY eyelids is I already have another spare set of GTS covers. Otherwise, I would buy yours and shave them down...

XOoET64oOX said:
if the LOOK is not your taste...well that's nothing i can do. BUT, these will make it ALOT easier to modify to ur taste.

props on strada on bringing products out for the 2nd gen...
I agree 100%! I had to shave mine from scratch out of a big piece of plastic which took a lot of work and very difficult to do it evenly on both eyelids. I would definitely recommend people to start with the Starada eyelids as the "base" if you just want something little thinner or shaped differently.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts