The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird problem with my 03 2.5s Altima. I had intially purchased a Prestige alarm and remote starter made by Audiovox from this auto store in my area and had it installed. Problem is they couldn't get the alarm to remote start the car. Their excuse was something about the car not having a tach and that the Prestige alarm could not be programmed in tach-less mode. So after a few weeks of dealing with their BS and having to continously go in and try to get the alarm to work we decided to use a different brand of alarm with similar features.

This alarm is the Millenium Max alarm. Well they finally got the remote start to work on this remote. So I was just glad to be done with them and actually have an alarm that remote started my car. Now after coming to this site I've actually seen people with the same Prestige alarm I had originally bought so this kinda made me mad as hell because those idiots couldn't get it to work on my car. But since the alarm was working I just said forget it and accepted the fact that I didn't get the alarm I really wanted.

The problem is that I had dropped the remote once and broke the spring that made contact with the battery. I took it to this electronics store and got it fixed but now the alarm is acting very strange and I lost the manual. It used to send a confirmation signal when the car was remote started and now it doesn't do that anymore. It also sometimes refuses to communicate with the remote and sends an error signal when I try to open the door or send any kind of signal to it if the car has been sitting in direct sunlight.

Now I can't find any information on this company that makes this remote or find the manual online and I have no clue what is wrong with this alarm. I want to know if anyone has any information about this brand of alarms or any way to get a manual for this thing. I also want to know if anyone has any clue what the hell is going on with the alarm not responding when it's been in the sun because it can be annoying as hell when you go somewhere and come out to get in your car and have to stand there like a mook trying to get your alarm to work, especially if there is a female with you.

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that. I have the installation manual but I don't have the customer manual. I reprogrammed it, did the whole step on the brakes thing, it accepted the commands, and it still does the same thing.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Try unplugging the negative battery for a few minutes, then plug it back in, then try your remote so that the car Alarm can relearn the codes from the remote and Vice-Versa. If that doesn't work then you may have a faulty remote, or a bad install, in that case take it bakc and demand a Clifford RSX3.5, you wont regret it when you see the features that it has.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
cplabaunza said:
Try unplugging the negative battery for a few minutes, then plug it back in, then try your remote so that the car Alarm can relearn the codes from the remote and Vice-Versa. If that doesn't work then you may have a faulty remote, or a bad install, in that case take it bakc and demand a Clifford RSX3.5, you wont regret it when you see the features that it has.
well said, a viper 791VX is the exact same alarm as the clifford rsx 3.5 so either or will be phenomenal

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I still have the same alarm, it remote starts the car and generally works but sometimes it refuses to accept the signal when the car has been sitting in direct sunlight for a while. Cplabaunza where is the negative battery located. Are you talking about the general battery for the car or is there a battery included in the alarm module? If you just mean to disconnect the negative terminal of the car battery, then I might try that this weekend after the hurricane (If my car doesn't get blown away to Nebraska or something).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, that's the one that's acting up. The idiots at the store couldn't get the Prestige alarm to remote start the car but it was working and it had a lot more range than the Millenium Max.

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
you are in Sunrise... who sold you the alarm? There's only one that comes to mind if you are having problems... Sound Of Sunrise.. pm me, maybe I can help you out..

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have remote start on mine and it works. Reason why it won't work is because there is a chip in the key fob. You'll have to remove the chip and place at a certain place in order for the remote start to work which will bypass the system. I had mine installed in houston and that's what the guy explained to me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mike Hock said:
No I still have the same alarm, it remote starts the car and generally works but sometimes it refuses to accept the signal when the car has been sitting in direct sunlight for a while. Cplabaunza where is the negative battery located. Are you talking about the general battery for the car or is there a battery included in the alarm module? If you just mean to disconnect the negative terminal of the car battery, then I might try that this weekend after the hurricane (If my car doesn't get blown away to Nebraska or something).
I meant Negative terminal on the battery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts