The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm sure someone hear has seen this happen. I just installed a Bazooka tube in my factory audio setup. Every time I shut off the car, my sub emits the deep tone feedback for a few seconds. It seems to go away when I get outta the car and shut the doors. My dad says there is probably some power left in the speakers since I tapped into the rear speakers while doing the install. That's why I'm getting the feedback.

Here is my setup: I have the ground wire from the amp attached to a bolt on the trunk lid. Power wire attached to the battery (positive terminal). I bought T taps to connect the hi-level positive and negatives to my rear speakers.

How do I get rid of the subwoofer feedback??? Thanks for your help!

·
RINSE OUT!!!!!! RELOAD
950 Posts
the ground attached to the trunk lid is not a good idea.

attach ground to the floor of the trunk or somewhere along the main metal of the chassis.

that might fix your problem.

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
Did you end up hiding that power wire yet? Or is it still exposed to the elements. Is your ground wire big enough?

OT: but since you have your power wire running out in the open, where it can be rubbed against and hit with the elements, did you put an inline fuse on?

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rlaing said:
Did you end up hiding that power wire yet? Or is it still exposed to the elements. Is your ground wire big enough?

OT: but since you have your power wire running out in the open, where it can be rubbed against and hit with the elements, did you put an inline fuse on?
Nah, I'm gonna leave it out like the way I have it. Last night, I took some duct tape and covered the metal where the wire was coming into contact and for added safety, I wrapped the power wire in some duct tape as well in case the insulation ever wears out.

Great idea about the ground wire. A friend was suggesting that last night. I'll give that a shot. Any suggestions on the best place in the trunk to attach that bad boy?

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
you have a 2nd gen like me, so if you want mine is attached inside the trunk where the seats fold down. Fold your rear seats down, and in the middle there are about 4-5 screws that are on bare metal. You can try that!

·
Registered
129 Posts
the feed back IS coming from your rear speakers, you should always listen to your parents.you have to get the high level inputs off your fronts = problem solved

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SUTHERNBOY said:
the feed back IS coming from your rear speakers, you should always listen to your parents.you have to get the high level inputs off your fronts = problem solved
Actually, here's what I did that solved the problem:

If you lift up the trunk floor carpet and lift up that board covering the spare tire, there are two bolts on the right of the spare. After attaching to one of those bolts, problem solved.

Thanks anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts