The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving this am and i was at a light with my yurn signal on. I noticed that no noise from the blinkers did I hear.......I turned them on and off repeatedly..and no noise..I got out of the car and the were working.....

I got back in and still no sound...I turned the key off and a crazy hissing noise was caoming from the dash..Could not pinpoint the location.

Key out of the car..still hissing...I put the key back in...turned the car on the hissing stopped and the blinker noise click was back...

Here we go...3 years is up next month....Now the problems will start...

Anyone have thsi happen??

Thanks, Bill

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful..Thank you so much....I printed it and am off to the dealer in a few!!!!!!!!

Goint to fix it before the warranty is up

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it in they ordered the parts.....appointment on the 14th..

Scary part is they need to replace my odo...........:(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Willy,

Long time...how you been?

I'm dropping in here because I'm actually back in the market again, and have been working a deal on a loaded Smoke 3.5SE with leather, sunroof, auto, side sills, spoiler, and navi, and am considering finalizing it today.

(I am also looking at a new '05 GP GTP CompG, Mazda6 GT-V6, and the G35 sedan, but the deal being offered on the Alty is very tough to walk away from...)

Anyway, I'm dirtying up your thread because you were always straight up when it came to your experience/perception/general satisfaction with your Alty. And now I'm wondering, a year or so later, how you are feeling about your car?

Am I looking at a headache by getting into another Nissan? Or not? How are you feeling about it?

Darren

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RiverCityGTP said:
Willy,

Long time...how you been?

I'm dropping in here because I'm actually back in the market again, and have been working a deal on a loaded Smoke 3.5SE with leather, sunroof, auto, side sills, spoiler, and navi, and am considering finalizing it today.

(I am also looking at a new '05 GP GTP CompG, Mazda6 GT-V6, and the G35 sedan, but the deal being offered on the Alty is very tough to walk away from...)

Anyway, I'm dirtying up your thread because you were always straight up when it came to your experience/perception/general satisfaction with your Alty. And now I'm wondering, a year or so later, how you are feeling about your car?

Am I looking at a headache by getting into another Nissan? Or not? How are you feeling about it?

Darren

First of..I am fine...and 2nd..Willy loves a good thread jacking and change of topic...I suppose I am one of the few.

Would I get another one....Absolutely not....Do I still like the car...I love it. Too much little shit all of the time....and after the 3 yr it is going to cost me more than just countless hours at the dealership I have been investing.

I drove another 02 the oter day with 44K on the ticker....It was a total piece of shit...Farrrrrrrrrr worse than my Bonnieville ever was with the same miles.

Next car I get will be in the entry level luxury class like a g35 or a TL.

The G is nice..But the TL is a better value for the money when you add all of the bells and whistles.

The fact that I have to take the problem in on paper for service because they have no clue is very frustrating........VERY...

I would strongly consider you reconsider your choice. Maybe the 05's are better....who knows....What ever you decide..Best of luck..

I did a 24 hour test drive on a GP..but just a GT..It is a hell of a car....A lot smaller than I expected on the inside..But I did very much enjoy driving it....

·
Registered
197 Posts
wild willy said:

I did a 24 hour test drive on a GP..but just a GT..It is a hell of a car....A lot smaller than I expected on the inside..But I did very much enjoy driving it....
<blush> apology for the thread jack first...

now, apology for taking so long to respond...

Okay, with that out of the way:

I just finalized the deal for my new car a couple of days ago - and I actually went with another '04 GTP CompG. This new one, while also black, has every available option (to the CDN market, which means no XM radio, but everything else), and with a $43K CDN sticker price, they gave it to me for about $34K CDN...lease payment of $485/month - which translates somewhere in the $345 US /month range.

Plus, because my new company pays me a $520 monthly car allowance, I was able to go back and add another $2500 CDN in further equipment - in this case aftermarket. I decided on the Inferno hood, chin spoiler, and rear spoiler package. See the link below for their site:

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Category_Code=04&Product_Code=GP1907

Though the sponsor car there is orange, you'll get the idea.

Anyway, with the Head's Up Display, free OnStar, and the whole Competition Group package, there was no comparison between the Altima I was looking at and the GP.

Before I made my decision - because I really was torn between the two cars - I stopped at the Nissan dealership where I'd been negotiating and asked to take the '05 3.5SE for another rip. This time I really opened her up, playing with the 5sp auto, and put it over 120km/h. What really impacted me the most - and the fellow Alty owners here won't like to hear this, was the significantly weaker handling in the Altima. It was very noticable. The power was there - in gobs - and the new interior is absolutely gorgeous, but with the same monthly payment the GP came with far more equipment and technology.

Anyway, thanks for the response. (and I wouldn't have dirtied upu this thread with my GM talk if you hadn't mentioned the Bonne and the GP - ;) ).

Good luck with your car Will, and better luck with your next one: a TL or a G would still be my first choice - hands-down.

Darren

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darren...........2 words.........BAD ASS!!!!!!!

That car looks awsome....Totally ..Congrats and good choice!

·
Registered
197 Posts
wild willy said:
Darren...........2 words.........BAD ASS!!!!!!!

That car looks awsome....Totally ..Congrats and good choice!
Thanks bud. But add some of the available kits to the Altima and you have a very sexy ride too. Its all in the choice of kit (since so many go sooo far overboard).

All the best.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dadster said:
Yeah...

I'll bet that Grand Prix is a real trip to put a car seat and a three year old in!

Fred
I can assure you it is a major trip..My wife and I took my 3 yr old and my 4 month old at the time..and if the front air bags had gone off...My wife and I would have been dead...My 3 year old bitched the whole time because he had no where for his feet........

Doors opened a a 90 degree angle..but that was no cure for the tiny back seat

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bobby said:
The EXACT thing happened to me a few months ago, I even made a post of it in here... it has never happened since... the hissing noise scared me shitless :(
Get it fixed before your warranty runs out......It won't be a cheap one if it craps out on you after 3-36

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
wild willy said:
Get it fixed before your warranty runs out......It won't be a cheap one if it craps out on you after 3-36
Same happened to me but over a year ago, forgot about it... just printed this out, will put it on the pile of things I'll fo at my 30K service.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Willy, when they changed your electronics behind the dash did you get any sqeeks after they were done? i have had the blimker prob but didn't think I should have the idiots touch the dash...it has only happened a couple of times so it's not such a big prob..my warranty expires next july so I don't want to hav eit done on my dime...thanks

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fastalt said:
Willy, when they changed your electronics behind the dash did you get any sqeeks after they were done? i have had the blimker prob but didn't think I should have the idiots touch the dash...it has only happened a couple of times so it's not such a big prob..my warranty expires next july so I don't want to hav eit done on my dime...thanks
Only drove home from the dealer..I got the MR2 today..I did not notice any squeeks on the way home..........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts